Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Maggots 😭😭😭
Previous  1  2

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 10:05 pm
amother OP wrote:
What do I do now, though?

After you clean everything, pour a cup of bleach down each kitchen sink before you go to sleep (don't use the sinks afterwards, let the bleach be the last thing you pour down for the night).

amother
Magnolia

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 10:18 pm
Omggggg I feel so bad if U! I always have them in my outdoor garbage cans it’s disgusting ! But I never heard of them inside ! And I’m rly creeped out now bec I have dirty dishes in the sink for 2/3 days (I know gross ) and I’m so nervous to check them now !

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 11 2023, 11:02 pm
What do the traps catch?

Plain bleach down the drain? Or watered down according to the package?

I hot watered, bleached counters, mopped floor with bleach, washed all dishes, thoroughly bleached sink, threw out half my kitchen, wiped down the foil box etc.... I have some wet dishes that I washed today which I'm scared to leave overnight but I think otherwise I'm set.

Unless I should put out traps?

Thank you all ode making me feel better.

It wasn't a super dirty dish. It was two pots near clean dishes that I didn't even realize.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 11:59 pm
Thanks for all your responses.

Bh kitchen was sparkling clean this Am.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jul 13 2023, 12:09 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks for all your responses.

Bh kitchen was sparkling clean this Am.

Sounds like you got rid of them.

Just keep a good eye on it. Make sure kitchen is spotless next few weeks and every few days pour hour water and bleach or vinegar (not both vinegar and bleach) down the drains. If you see these little flies flying around your kitchen that means there were some eggs or worms somewhere that you didn’t catch and they hatched into little flies and they’re laying new egg a somewhere in your kitchen.

The traps are to catch the flies before they lay new eggs
These maggots start as eggs, turn to worms, turn to flies, and then lay new eggs (you can google it).
The flies come to drink the vinegar because they’re is nothing else for them to eat and they drown in it. Make sure to dump it out in the morning.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen