Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Would you send to Montessori style playgroup in BP?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 03 2023, 8:39 pm
So I'm considering starting a Montessori-style playgroup in Boro Park, I'm curious:
A. if there's interest in sending to such a group
B. if there's someone that would want to partner with me to open this because I wouldn't be able to do this myself.

changing to anon so I can keep my imamother identity still if this happens Smile
I will post an email address if there's interest and this actually happens...

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jul 04 2023, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 7:15 am
Bumping...

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jul 04 2023, 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 8:25 am
I would love to! But it would need to be licensed

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 8:27 am
amother Narcissus wrote:
I would love to! But it would need to be licensed

I hear, licensed probably wouldn't happen this year because it takes a long time to get through the bureaucracy of it

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jul 04 2023, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Calendula

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 10:45 am
I would want to know that it's actually montessori based and not just a buzz word for advertising.

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 10:57 am
Describe what you have in mind exactly…
Playgroup is usually quite laid back as it so what would be different?
Are you talking about serving healthy snacks and calling it Montessori style?

amother
Daffodil

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 11:08 am
Would it be like small beginnings Jewish Montessori?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 11:09 am
amother Cerise wrote:
Describe what you have in mind exactly…
Playgroup is usually quite laid back as it so what would be different?
Are you talking about serving healthy snacks and calling it Montessori style?

I have in mind something where the children really feel respected. It doesn't need to incorporate all Montessori things, but the key is that the children are really seen. So this plays out with hiring teachers that will be trained to really make sure each child is comfortable. Allowing children a lot of freedom to do what they want and really being there for them when a child is upset/ cries/ uncomfortable.

I honestly don't really want to run a playgroup but I have a child this age and I'd really want to send to something like this where I feel like my child isn't just a number, but actually there to be seen as a unique individual whose feelings and needs are very important. I think it actually is more important at a younger age, then an older age when children might not be as verbal and so really looking at their body cues and is very important for them to feel like they matter as a person.

I have to hone down exactly how it would look. I know someone in Jackson that runs such a kind of group, if I do this I plan to consult with her and also a trained Montessori teacher so we can incorporate aspects of Montessori.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jul 04 2023, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Arcticblue

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 11:13 am
InnerMe wrote:
I have in mind something where the children really feel respected. It doesn't need to incorporate all Montessori things, but the key is that the children are really seen. So this plays out with hiring teachers that will be trained to really make sure each child is comfortable. Allowing children a lot of freedom to do what they want and really being there for them when a child is upset/ cries/ uncomfortable.

I honestly don't really want to run a playgroup but I have a child this age and I'd really want to send to something like this where I feel like my child isn't just a number, but actually there to be seen as a unique individual whose feelings and needs are very important. I think it actually is more important at a younger age, then an older age when children might not be as verbal and so really looking at their body cues and is very important for them to feel like they matter as a person.

I have to hone down exactly how it would look. I know someone in Jackson that runs such a kind of group, if I do this I plan to consult with her and also a trained Montessori teacher so we can incorporate aspects of Montessori.
Whats the name of the Jackson group?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 11:22 am
amother Arcticblue wrote:
Whats the name of the Jackson group?

I'm not sure. I can find out for you if you'd like. It is run by Dvora Phillip.

sima3

Post Mon, Jul 10 2023, 7:30 pm
Hi, I would love to be involved I have a 2 y/o and looking for something like this.
I don’t need full playgroup either, 2 hours a day or about 9 /10 hours a week would be enough in terms of what I can give and also what my kid needs.

newinbp

Post Wed, Jul 12 2023, 7:28 pm
sima3 wrote:
Hi, I would love to be involved I have a 2 y/o and looking for something like this.
I don’t need full playgroup either, 2 hours a day or about 9 /10 hours a week would be enough in terms of what I can give and also what my kid needs.

I'm not sure what I'm looking for but maybe we can team up for a round robin type of thing? A friend of mine did it in Israel, like 4 of us each watches the group 1 day or something. Could even be 10-2 or not full hours. Or could do it twice a week one day I watch one day you, pm if want to continue the conversation!

InnerMe

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 10:24 am
This is starting to come together, if you are interested you can send me a message.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 16 2023, 12:50 pm
that style does not suit all kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries