Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Another toddler shoe question

catonmylap

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 1:45 am
In the small sizes, do they usually go from one size to the next size or do you end up skipping sizes? And how much variation is there in sizes from different companies(is it better/worse in the smallest sizes)?

I like to order off the internet when I find bargains so I want to know the best way to plan ahead. I've been totally guessing until now because I have no idea.

My ds is currently in a 19 (which is about a 4). He also has a 5 sandal which is only slightly bigger, so it fits him now too (I ordered it when my fil was coming to see if they would be his first shoes, but they didn't ship in time, so I bought the Israeli shoes first). I have a size 7(I think) (sketchers)sneaker waiting for him(it looks huge), and then a 10 & 11 (I think)....basically my question is do they usually go 6, 7, 8, 9 or do you skip around?

BeershevaBubby

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 1:51 am
Don't most website have a sizing chart and instructions on how to size correctly?

cubbie

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 2:06 am
My older dd sometimes goes up 2 sizes at a time.

catonmylap

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 1:52 pm
YESHASettler wrote:
Don't most website have a sizing chart and instructions on how to size correctly?

I don't always have someone coming when I see something worth ordering, and I want to maximize on bargains without buying something he doesn't end up using. So, I tend to want to buy bigger than for right away, unless I know someone is coming shortly. I'd also prefer to buy the better quality bargain American shoe then end up having to buy locally for more money (if I can help it).

The last shoes I got him were $5.99 for sketchers(though shipping was high on that order)- I got a 7 and 10 (thinking its better not to wear the exact same shoe 2 sizes in a row, and guessing that he might skip sizes...)
So, if he wears a $5.99 shoe instead of a 70 shekel shoe (and that is cheap here), I've done well.

I probably should just keep guessing and see how it plays out....but it's good to know that skipping is common.

cl

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 4:04 pm
I love 2 buy ahead if I find a good deal, but I dont buy so far ahead, like if my son's wearing size 7 I wud buy boots or slippers in a size 8 or 9 cos I know within 6m to a year he will need that size but bigger than that is not worth it cos u will have a closet full of stuff he wont be wearing for ages an by the time he's that size u may have found something even cutre on sale.
Also with the main pair of everyday shoes (not extras like sneakers / shabbos shoes / boots) I like 2 get him fitted in a proper shoe store cos its so important for children's footwear to firt correctly. You might pay less now but in later years if they develop abnormalities from a too-narrow-fit for example, u will end up paying more on treatment.

smoms

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 8:36 pm
From my experience, kids don't usually skip whole sizes. Maybe they won't do 4 and then 4.5 but jump straight to 5, but rarely will they go froma 5 to a 7..its really like 4 size jumps.. 5 , 5.5 , 6, 6.5...

Emee

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 8:45 pm
I think you have to be careful with the sizes because they are all so different. I just bought my daughter a size 4 shoe that is gigantic but she has nother that is size 4 and small. And she just ut on her sisters shoes that are a size 2 and they fit perfect.

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 8:47 pm
I rarely had to buy half sizes. There is such a minute difference in the halves that it only works when one size is too small and the next one is really too big. But I sometimes get shoes from the Children's Place which does not make half sizes, and it fits just fine if I get shoes that are a drop big.

I think you will need one in every size. I can't believe you have a 10 and 11 already! My 4 year old is size 10.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 10:11 pm
I think you have to be careful - esp. with sandals. I bought ds a 7 1/2 at Stride Right because they didn't have a 7 (the size he needed) and they told me he'd grow into it. Well, he hasn't and so he walks around in shoes that are too big and he falls out of them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics