Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Stretches at curves

amother

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 5:44 pm
for those of you who go to curves, do you always do the stretches after youre done? I find it stresses me out alot more then the excercise

octopus

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 6:11 pm
from what I've been told, stretching is very important after exercising- especially after weight training. The stretches help make the muscle longer and leaner and stronger. I always stretch after exercising at curves.
Maybe I don't do it as long as they say I should. (I think you are supposed to hold it for at least 15 seconds).I don't understand why it is stressing you out- please explain. Are you pulling the muscles too hard? you are not supposed to.

Maybe my new sn should be curvesgirl. LOL

yummydd

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 6:13 pm
happy2bmommy thats a cute idea for your sn I actually like it!

octopus

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 6:15 pm
yummydd, I would totally use the name!

BennysMommy

Post Thu, Jul 17 2008, 6:21 pm
I always do them. It's really relaxing and feels good for me. I can't imagine why it would stress you out...

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Jul 18 2008, 8:06 am
amother wrote:
for those of you who go to curves, do you always do the stretches after youre done? I find it stresses me out alot more then the excercise

You're not doing yourself any favors by not stretching after exercising. Muscles tighten when you exercise, and by not stretching afterwards, you increase the chance of injury to yourself by ripping muscles.

Stretching after a workout should last for about 10 minutes. If you don't need to stretch, then you're probably not getting a good workout.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise