Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Allergies
Reacting to allergy shots

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 8:10 pm
Wondering if anyone could share any insight or ideas.

I’m using a reputable doctor for my allergy shots. I’m a few months in, and have lately been reacting too much to go up any further. I’ve gone down, and then back up, but cannot make it past a certain dose. I’m still a few levels away from the maintenance dose, but I can’t seem to make it past the level I am at.

Has anyone experienced this? I know there are those who end up with a lower maintenance dose since they cannot tolerate higher doses. But I’d so much want to be able to reach the actual maintenance dose.

Anyone have any insight or ideas?

Etty6

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 8:35 pm
I did the shots for seasonal allergies that glued me to bed or sometimes ER.

It was very hard to go up because I almost always got a small reaction. But I continued doing it just for the sake of hishtadlis. I did three rounds of shots twice a week, unless if I got a bigger reaction I couldn't do all three. I went for over two years till I dropped it out of frustration, was still at tiny tiny dose!

But guess what? I dropped it in the winter and the next allergy season I was 50% healed! I was so amazed... I was able to be a normal functioning mom with a bit rose/hey fever!

now it's 4 years from then and it got slightly worse from the first season but I still feel like a normal person, it's amazing

Hatzlacha! As of my experience it's working inside of you and totally worth it!

PS make sure to take the allergy medication prior to appt

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 8:44 pm
Etty6 wrote:

PS make sure to take the allergy medication prior to appt

Thanks.

I do take allergy medication… three daily Surprised
And still I’m reacting too much to go up. I know that even if I remain at the current dose as maintenance, I’ll still be better off than I was without the shots. I just wish I could somehow make it to the standard maintenance dose.

Etty6

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 8:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thanks.

I do take allergy medication… three daily Surprised
And still I’m reacting too much to go up. I know that even if I remain at the current dose as maintenance, I’ll still be better off than I was without the shots. I just wish I could somehow make it to the standard maintenance dose.

Maybe book an appt with the doctor there and ask what he thinks about it.
imo you'll see results even without going up too much
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics