Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is a coach purse dated?
Previous  1  2

amother
Narcissus

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 8:43 pm
I actually think coach is having a moment but in a more subtle version. This bag does seem a bit outdated.

I totally get you though cuz I’m cery particular about my bags/ size shape etc. but being honest…

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 8:44 pm
bflower wrote:
Coach might be outdated but it is still a brand that will forever be a wow if you have it then automatically everyone's like "she can afford it" coz we all know the prices... I'm defending myself coz I bought last week a coach wristlet! please don't make me feel old fashioned...

Don't feel bad! Enjoy your wristlet!

In a way you're right because while brands like Kate spade and Dooney and Bourke have found their way into tjmaxx and Marshalls types of stores, and Nordstrom rack carries Tory Burch, Rebecca minkoff, and marc Jacobs, I don't think any discount stores carry coach. In that way, maybe it's timeless?

amother
Dandelion

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 9:29 pm
amother Cyan wrote:
You asked honestly so I’ll give you an honest opinion. In terms of trendy- yes coach is very outdated
The style bag is also very outdated
But that doesn’t matter. What you like matters! So if you like this bag, go for it!!

I disagree that style is very in right now.

Boca00

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 9:35 pm
What community are you part of? What is “in” in Chassidish Boro Park is not the same as what is “in” in Yeshivish Lakewood, which is also not the same as what is “in” in a kibbutz… or a small OOT community… or in Manhattan… which is why you’ll get conflicting answers.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 9:52 pm
amother Dandelion wrote:
I disagree that style is very in right now.

It happens to be so comfortable. I ordered 7 bags to try and this one sits the most comfortable, has some structure without being stiff and in my way, has a zipper, and has a quality feel. But clearly it's also dated. Idk.

familyfirst

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 10:07 pm
Coach had some beautiful pebble leathered bags on sale at Macys
Very comfortable and similar to this shape

bflower

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 11:16 pm
Boca00 wrote:
What community are you part of? What is “in” in Chassidish Boro Park is not the same as what is “in” in Yeshivish Lakewood, which is also not the same as what is “in” in a kibbutz… or a small OOT community… or in Manhattan… which is why you’ll get conflicting answers.

Well well youv'e touched a sore point... most of us are probably part of the chasidisha (satmer etc) oilem of williamsberg,bp... or sh london which go crazy for the tiny horse or wagon where as for other people it's like latin they just don't get it! We just can't help it... to be honest are we buying it coz it's practicle and affordable or just because it has the c or g?! but thanks for making me feel good about my wristlet Very Happy

Boca00

Post Thu, Jul 20 2023, 11:28 pm
bflower wrote:
Well well youv'e touched a sore point... most of us are probably part of the chasidisha (satmer etc) oilem of williamsberg,bp... or sh london which go crazy for the tiny horse or wagon where as for other people it's like latin they just don't get it! We just can't help it... to be honest are we buying it coz it's practicle and affordable or just because it has the c or g?! but thanks for making me feel good about my wristlet Very Happy

So sorry! I’m not trying to make you feel bad at all. I wonder this about all the “is this in style” threads. Having lived in different communities I can see that styles vary greatly from community to community, and I was explaining why I thought the posters above me had opposite responses.

bflower

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 12:24 am
Don't worry, you didn't make me feel bad at all!
Just wanted to explain myself. Ya I totally get what you mean your right it's hard to define "in style"

amother
Lightgreen

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 12:29 am
amother OP wrote:
I thought it was pretty neutral and versalite, but I'm definitely open to suggestions!
This is the bag:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B1.....ss_tl

Worn as a crossbody. its the perfect size and shape that I need for everyday. Like I said, I ordered a whole bunch of bags (rip me with all the returns now lol) and this one just was the perfect casual yet sharp look.

What am I missing here? It shows that it's also available in plain pebbled black leather.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 11:27 am
amother Lightgreen wrote:
What am I missing here? It shows that it's also available in plain pebbled black leather.

Lol. Not missing anything, I just got it and liked it in the other color. And even though I thought I'm not so particular, apparently I am because I don't want it in a heavy black leather.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 11:30 am
Boca00 wrote:
So sorry! I’m not trying to make you feel bad at all. I wonder this about all the “is this in style” threads. Having lived in different communities I can see that styles vary greatly from community to community, and I was explaining why I thought the posters above me had opposite responses.

That is a good point. I actually live in Flatbush and am not part of any particular community but contrary to popular stereotype, I don't see people being brand/style crazy. I'm sure there are people who are but I haven't noticed it. I grew up in a dysfunctional house, and we (us children, esp the girls) looked it, so I'm very sensitive. I always ask my daughters if there's any specific brand or look they want, and so far (aged 9 and 11) it's all pretty chilled.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 11:30 am
Use what you like, what's the point of trends anyway?
That suddenly everyone has to have the same look or whatever is fashion or you are "outdated" like what does that even mean?

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 11:58 am
https://I.imgur.com/vyGohSG.png
Is this something you would enjoy?

hiitsme

Post Fri, Jul 21 2023, 12:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
Lol. Not missing anything, I just got it and liked it in the other color. And even though I thought I'm not so particular, apparently I am because I don't want it in a heavy black leather.

just search coach jules hobo on amazon, it also exists in a beige and white leather. Love the white one!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics