Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Playmobil difference

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 1:25 pm
https://www.playmobil.co.uk/vo......html

https://www.playmobil.co.uk/vo......html

are these 2 the same just one has 2 more mentchies?

who would be crazy to get the £39.99 when can get it for £17.99?

am I missing something here?

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 1:26 pm
Usually newer and older version.

chanatron1000

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 1:28 pm
The cheaper one is probably a better value as a toy, but some people are particular about colors or are collectors.

mushkamothers

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 1:29 pm
The yellow is on sale. On playmboil US site it's $60 and on sale for $45. Blue is regular $44

yidisheh mama

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 1:29 pm
They come with very different accessories. The more expensive one is cuter, but IMO not worth the price difference.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 1:32 pm
yidisheh mama wrote:
They come with very different accessories. The more expensive one is cuter, but IMO not worth the price difference.

you can get it now in uk for £16.99 - reduced from £40- is it worth the price?

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 1:32 pm
The cheaper one is a special edition-it only comes with 1 person and it doesn't have as many accessories. If you're not bothered by the amount of people, or the specific accessories, then go for the cheaper one. Which is what I would do. The car is the main thing and I would use the people I already have.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 1:33 pm
mushkamothers wrote:
The yellow is on sale. On playmboil US site it's $60 and on sale for $45. Blue is regular $44

interesting that by you the yellow one is more expensive. in uk the blue one is more expensive.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 1:34 pm
amother Wheat wrote:
The cheaper one is a special edition-it only comes with 1 person and it doesn't have as many accessories. If you're not bothered by the amount of people, or the specific accessories, then go for the cheaper one. Which is what I would do. The car is the main thing and I would use the people I already have.

now its on offer and its nearly the same price, was wondering why the massive price diff originally and what is the real worth of the toy...

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 1:42 pm
amother OP wrote:
now its on offer and its nearly the same price, was wondering why the massive price diff originally and what is the real worth of the toy...

You pay for the brand more than the contents IMO. It's the same with lego, duplo etc. You get very little for your money in a new boxed set. And it's all about marketing and what people are willing to pay for things. I remember looking at some of the lego sets and it costs thousands for some of these large sets, plus all the add-ons to complete it. And people seem to be willing to pay these crazy prices.
You have to decide how much you're willing to pay for a toy and how much playtime you'd get out of the toy. A toy that your child will play with for a long time, it's worth every penny.

I'm usually a fan of buying second hand as you usually get more for your money, but it isn't always possible.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 1:47 pm
does anyone here own it and can tell me what its worth? Smile Smile

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 1:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
does anyone here own it and can tell me what its worth? Smile Smile

I'm not sure what you mean. It's worth what it's worth in play terms and whether you would be willing to spend that much on it.
I like to check using pricespy.co.uk to see what most places are selling it at to see if the price makes sense.
I have found the blue edition brand new on ebay for the same price as the other one, if you wanted that one. It's the last one in stock
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/195.....20006
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics