Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Pandas/ Shabbos Regression

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 29 2023, 10:16 pm
My ten year old ds is on azithromycin for a few months. We are thankfully seeing a lot of improvement with his behavior during the week. On shabbos day, however, behaviors regress badly. This is pretty consistent. Any ideas?

amother
Stone

Post Sat, Jul 29 2023, 10:17 pm
What are they eating on shabbos? More sugar than usual?

amother
Wandflower

Post Sat, Jul 29 2023, 10:37 pm
My first thought is diet too. Also less sleep, most pandas kids are super sensitive to fluctuations in cortisol.
Also, from a slightly more behavioral perspective, the lack of structure can make them act out more. They may have trouble self regulating because of their brain issues.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:57 am
my kids don't have PANDAS but do have autism and Shabbos is hard because of boredom. No school, no car ride, etc. When they were younger I saved special books for Shabbos. Now they're teenagers and thankfully one of them found a few friends to visit on Shabbos. The other one..... I try to suggest games---- every now and then he'll play a game with me. We played checkers today. That was 15 minutes of a long Shabbos. Smile He's not willing to play with me a LOT because I'm mom. Thankfully he's more self entertaining than his sister and will look at the same books over and over and over and over. His behaviors have stopped the Shabbos invites, pretty much, so we're usually home all Shabbos. Both twins refuse to go to shul.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)