Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Seudas Hoda in Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 11:36 am
BH we are planning to make a seudas hoda in Lakewood for about 75 people. Has anyone made such an event recently and can help? Trying to find and price out venues and caterers. Thank you!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 7:42 pm
Bump

amother
Blushpink

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 8:32 pm
I would assume it’s the same as a bar mitzva, depending on how much you want to spend and what’s available you can call different bar mitzva halls and price out

I made 2 (SH not bar mitzva:) one time it was together with a yahrtzeit seudah in my grandmothers house, per our Rebbe, second time in our living room together with a siyum. That time we borrowed tables and chairs, bought rolls drinks and pans of food from glatt bite that we put in sternos

amother
Daisy

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 10:48 pm
I made one about 1.5 years ago, we had about 30 or so people, plus about 12 kids in a large sectioned-off area with crafts and room to run around. We also had tables on the side fir a buffet. We used the hall of the shul in the Villas, it was very budget-friendly. The hall was basic, but worked for us. You'd have to go down to see if you can fit-it might be tight depending on your setup (mechitzah vs family seating vs long tables)

ETA: missed that you also asked about catering. We did super simple (bagels, salads, fish platters, I think maybe there was one hot dish?) and so didn’t use a caterer. I believe hall + food + paper goods was about 800, though we did have some people sponsor parts. Total was probably around 1000
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics