Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Who remembers?
  Previous  1  2  3   12  13  14  Next

613mitzvahgirl

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 11:43 am
What about Flatbush?? Who remembers Y and T? It was a fun school supply with toys on avenue m ? What about Bangles and Beads also on avenue m? Who remembers kosher castle in boro park? Who remembers kosher delight or Harniks Happy House of Books? Their were so many..

Highstrung

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 11:45 am
amother Pistachio wrote:
Monsey NY
Who rememebers pathmark alev hashalem, by the now Town square area where amazing saving is?

Me! My DH went there at 3 in the morning when I was pregnant with my first because I was craving a green apple in the middle of the night and they were open 24 hours 😀

Highstrung

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 11:47 am
Sweetmommy wrote:
Who remembers M&M shoe center in BP?
Le petit?
Kosher delight?
Cafe K?
Ziselik?
Mitzei Uri?

I only remember Kosher Delight.
Who remember Kosher Castle in BP? It was a dairy place .

Last edited by Highstrung on Tue, Aug 01 2023, 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Queen Of Hearts

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 11:48 am
cbsp wrote:
I loved browsing at Harniks! Are they still around?

I remember when the "mall" on 13th was being built, that rotating pizza oven in Kosher Kastle was something I had never seen before...

Anyone remember where Amnon's was before they moved?

Amnons used to be somewhere else?

Highstrung

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 11:48 am
amother Pistachio wrote:
This is not old but who would ever imagine that the spring valley marketplace would become a jewish mall??
I hope Target stays put though

I still remember when there was a Shoprite there and before Target came it was another store that I never went into and forget the name.
Who remembers before Walmart was built? .

cbsp

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 12:04 pm
Sweetmommy wrote:
Amnons used to be somewhere else?

I thought they moved a few stores down... I think it may have been during construction... The counter had been on the right of the entrance whereas now it's on the left

I'm not old enough to rememberer its move to 13th Avenue...

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 12:10 pm
Who remembers in bp nosheria where mostly music is now? I was a kid when they closed but I remember they had good food!
Also Rivky’s art workshop, gal paz, nature walk shoes, greens pizza.

amother
Skyblue

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 12:21 pm
Sweetmommy wrote:
Le petit?
Kosher delight?
Cafe K?
Ziselik?
Mitzei Uri?

I remember everything besides le petit. What did they sell and where was it?

Who remember whispers and whimsies?

amother
Melon

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 12:23 pm
Monsey: who remembers the restaurant "59 West?" I think lol

amother
Sunflower

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 12:41 pm
Sweetmommy wrote:
Le petit?
Kosher delight?
Cafe K?
Ziselik?
Mitzei Uri?

I moved from flatbush a while ago so not sure what's still there, but I remember Teschers in BP. We'd wait for hours every school year to get fitted.

I remember kosher delight and cafe K.

Who remembers Bisseleh on Coney Island? There was a deli sandwich place next door to the gas station on that corner, I think coney and P?

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 12:43 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
I moved from flatbush a while ago so not sure what's still there, but I remember Teschers in BP. We'd wait for hours every school year to get fitted.

I remember kosher delight and cafe K.

Who remembers Bisseleh on Coney Island? There was a deli sandwich place next door to the gas station on that corner, I think coney and P?

There’s still a shoe store where Teschers used to be it’s called Oomph.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 12:52 pm
Sunflower.. it’s called substational and it’s still there, they changed their store, still same recipes.. what about consumers on avenue m? It was like a target- like a spin-off.. or what about circa on avenue j- they had the best salads, or back to nature/ the best healthy milchig restaurant, and garden of eat-in? They had the best milchig restaurant food along with back to nature? Or how about 99cents stores- when things were really 99cents and under??
Those were the days

cbsp

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 12:59 pm
613mitzvahgirl wrote:
Sunflower.. it’s called substational and it’s still there, they changed their store, still same recipes.. what about consumers on avenue m? It was like a target- like a spin-off.. or what about circa on avenue j- they had the best salads, or back to nature/ the best healthy milchig restaurant, and garden of eat-in? They had the best milchig restaurant food along with back to nature? Or how about 99cents stores- when things were really 99cents and under??
Those were the days

I miss Garden of Eat in.

Anyone else remember Ach Tov in BP?

There was also another milchig restaurant in BP, I vaguely remember it being more upscale. Was it called Famous?

amother
Black

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:02 pm
Donut Man on 13th Avenue, oy how we miss you

cbsp

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:03 pm
amother Black wrote:

Was just coming back to ask if that was still around!

cbsp

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:06 pm
Anyone remember buying Weiss' challah from her basement bakery? The line stretched outside along 47th street in Fridays... Those rugelach and djerbo (yeah, I know that's not the real spelling, I'm transliterating)

Highstrung

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:06 pm
cbsp wrote:
I miss Garden of Eat in.

Anyone else remember Ach Tov in BP?

There was also another milchig restaurant in BP, I vaguely remember it being more upscale. Was it called Famous?

Sure . I still remember the commercials on the radio with Country Yossi and he would sing “Ach Tov is the best . Forget about the rest”.
My cousins Bar Mitzvos took place in their back room Simcha hall.

Also Garden of Eat In was on Ave J? I worked nearby (my first job) and was sent there to order food for meetings and conferences at the office .

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:09 pm
Not a store but who remembers the Armon Terrace in bp?

Highstrung

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:10 pm
amother Black wrote:

That was such a cool place . My friends surprised me for my 16th Bday and we had a Donut Man Breakfast. Ah. The nostalgia. I’m starting to miss those days.

mig100

Post Tue, Aug 01 2023, 1:10 pm
[quote="613mitzvahgirl"]What about Flatbush?? Who remembers Y and T? It was a fun school supply with toys on avenue m ? What about Bangles and Beads also on avenue m? Who remembers kosher castle in boro park? Who remembers kosher delight or Harniks Happy House of Books? Their were so many..[/quote

yep! bangels and beads under the train was great! take a look at what it became now..
Page 2 of 14   Previous  1  2  3   12  13  14  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating