Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Does anyone work for Special Edge (enhanced SETSS)?
Previous  1  2

amother
Ballota

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 8:16 pm
amother Charcoal wrote:
The range is 75 to 95 an hour. Depending on the agency, some agencies pay to the higher end and some to the lower. If you have experience you can definitely ask for more.
When saying that the agency takes a cut, remember they are paying a lawyer, a case management team, a report team, billing team...
and they don't get reimbursed right away from the DOE....

This isn’t accurate. I know plenty of pple getting 68-70 and very very few getting above 78-80.

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 8:21 pm
I know my child's provider from special edge gets $80 an hour. She's ok but (in my experience as a classroom teacher for almost 20 years) not great. (Like she helps her fill out the homework but doesn't really reteach it or explain it if my child doesn't understand.) She does travel to me after school hours, so that might account for the higher amount.

If you're experienced and working after school hours, def ask for $75-80. The agency is likely billing $180/hr for you.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 8:35 pm
amother Copper wrote:
Not necessarily. I get $70 an hour for regular SEIT from my agency but I also have many many years of experience

Seit and SETSS are totally different. Non-enhanced SETSS the DOE only pays $42 for a single student so no agency in this universe is paying 70. If you take a group of 5 then the regular non-enhanced rate is $100 so maaaaaybe if your agency is awesome they'll pass along $70.

So if she was getting paid $70 for a single SETSS student then it was definitely an enhanced rate case whether they called it that or not.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 8:37 pm
amother Seablue wrote:
I know my child's provider from special edge gets $80 an hour. She's ok but (in my experience as a classroom teacher for almost 20 years) not great. (Like she helps her fill out the homework but doesn't really reteach it or explain it if my child doesn't understand.) She does travel to me after school hours, so that might account for the higher amount.

If you're experienced and working after school hours, def ask for $75-80. The agency is likely billing $180/hr for you.

You can definitely ask for more if you're willing to do after school - supply/demand.

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 8:55 pm
amother Ballota wrote:
This isn’t accurate. I know plenty of pple getting 68-70 and very very few getting above 78-80.

I work for a large agency and this is the going range for SETSS providers.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Aug 02 2023, 10:45 pm
Thanks everyone, this was very helpful
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics