Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Fussy Diet

amother

Post Thu, Jul 10 2008, 10:50 pm
can anyone reccomend a diet for a VERY fussy eater. This person doesnt eat fish, meat or eggs neither does she eat too many cooked verggies. Basically what she likes is starch, breads, fruits and only some raw vegetables and obviously all the rest fattenning stuff like cakes and nush.

I know she has her limits but if anyone can help she would really appreaciate it.

mandksima

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 3:22 am
At least persuade her to start switching from white starches to whole grain versions if she's not doing that already. What protein will she eat?? Any kind of bean, lentil, soy?? Quinoa is a grain that has a lot of protein but it is unusual and she'd have to try it a few ways before she might like it.

I think she really has to want to lose weight or else she won't be motivated to try anything out of her usual realm.

amother

Post Fri, Jul 11 2008, 12:37 pm
mandksima wrote:
At least persuade her to start switching from white starches to whole grain versions if she's not doing that already. What protein will she eat?? Any kind of bean, lentil, soy?? Quinoa is a grain that has a lot of protein but it is unusual and she'd have to try it a few ways before she might like it.

I think she really has to want to lose weight or else she won't be motivated to try anything out of her usual realm.

she likes beans, and she really wants too lose weight shes just having a really hard time

Starhavah

Post Sun, Jul 20 2008, 6:20 pm
amother wrote:
she likes beans, and she really wants too lose weight shes just having a really hard time

Buy a vegan cook book. Everything will be very low fat (naturally) and inlude the things she likes to eat like rice and beans. It will have soups and main dishes. She can supplement with dairy eventhough that won't be in the cookbook.

Star Havah

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 3:24 pm
I don't like any protien like eggs, fish, chicken, meat, beans.. so I can give you some tips-

1-don't eat anything that is not made of whole wheat flour. This way she will control herself from eating a lot of extra calories

2- make a daily meal plan. Fruits for breakfast, a salad with one portion ww crackers, pite, or ww bread with a protien for lunch

3-snack can be a diet bag of popcorn, baby carrots, handful of almods...

4- find what cooked vegatables she likes like squash and tomatoe sauce, vegetable soup with beans, califlower kugal... cook it once a week and eat for dinner a few nights in a row
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise