Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Who remembers- Baltimore
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

Odelyah

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:14 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
And I had Mrs. Hess for kindergarten. And her daughter for third grade. Then we bought some cars from this daughter.

I had one of her granddaughters in my class Smile I don't think she was teaching kindergarten anymore (but I think she may have given out the diplomas at our kindergarten graduation?)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:26 pm
Why is everyone spelling it Rabbi Friedman?
I'm pretty sure it's Freedman (and his son mentioned on here also spells his first name differently than mentioned lol)

my5kids

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:28 pm
What about Mrs. Mintz in 6th grade's Lamed Tes Melachos books with Holly Hobby pictures! And her Peanut Chews as prizes!

amother
Bellflower

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:37 pm
Hey Baltimore
Let's give a roar
You've got the Ruach and the zest
You've got the shtus and the achdus
Convention 84 the best

I'm not from Baltimore but I remember this this very popular song

amother
Steelblue

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:40 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Ooh, "I had the blues because I had no shoes, until I met upon the street a man who had no feet."

Does anyone remember more of these? I loved these.

Mrs. Vim did all sorts of plays with us in sixth grade. I still remember some of the lines. And her hafsaka words, I'll never forget those.

Mrs. Janney and her snow dance and her long flowy dresses.

Mrs. Frand's key ideas! Better than a cockroach!

Mrs. Lefkowitz a'h. 1066! I still think of her when we pass Christiana, Delaware on the turnpike.

The hill behind the middle school -- sledding on garbage bags. And sliding down that looong railing on the staircase to downstairs. I think several people broke bones on that...

The art "annex"! We each had our own studios. Never learned any real art, though, just spent all day "quilting"...

Mrs. Erdos and Mrs. Belsky in the elementary school were my favorite teachers then. I still remember some things I learned from then...

So many great memories!
Omg! Thank you for the memories

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:41 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's Freedman (and his son mentioned on here also spells his first name differently than mentioned lol)

Yup.

Odelyah

Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

I was actually thinking that, yes. Thanks for the correction!

amother
Nemesia

my5kids wrote:
What about Mrs. Mintz in 6th grade's Lamed Tes Melachos books with Holly Hobby pictures! And her Peanut Chews as prizes!

"Banos, high school is going to be a lot of hard work. Let's just get up and dance now!"

MrsDash

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:45 pm
Feeling super nostalgic - Anyone remember when Tovs had a couple arcade games?

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:45 pm
amother Aquamarine wrote:
Ooh, "I had the blues because I had no shoes, until I met upon the street a man who had no feet."

Does anyone remember more of these? I loved these.

Mrs. Vim did all sorts of plays with us in sixth grade. I still remember some of the lines. And her hafsaka words, I'll never forget those.

Mrs. Janney and her snow dance and her long flowy dresses.

Mrs. Frand's key ideas! Better than a cockroach!

Mrs. Lefkowitz a'h. 1066! I still think of her when we pass Christiana, Delaware on the turnpike.

The hill behind the middle school -- sledding on garbage bags. And sliding down that looong railing on the staircase to downstairs. I think several people broke bones on that...

The art "annex"! We each had our own studios. Never learned any real art, though, just spent all day "quilting"...

Mrs. Erdos and Mrs. Belsky in the elementary school were my favorite teachers then. I still remember some things I learned from then...

So many great memories!

You must be around my age😊 these are all my memories!

Odelyah

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:48 pm
amother Nemesia wrote:
"Banos, high school is going to be a lot of hard work. Let's just get up and dance now!"

I didn't have her I was in the other 6th, but I had her daughter. Wait I think she was my teacher in 7th grade who got married during that year. I think Rochel Tendler/Friedman was actually 8th grade. (And I think she spells it Friedman, no? Smile)

amother
Mustard

below edited

amother
Mustard

8 year old BYES girls used to perform for mothers AND FATHERS! Surprised Surprised Surprised Surprised

MrsDash

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:52 pm
Bais Yaakov 5th grade in the trailers Laugh

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:53 pm
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
I think we are from the same era! Cooking in the kitchen, home ec with Mrs Gutman AH in the annex kitchen. Mrs Juravel was my 3rd grade teacher and her potato kugel...Mrs Riedler in 4th playing the Purim Story. Recorder recital, I think we had an Israel fair in 7th grade. Mrs Felder teaches social skills(?) And her I messaged and Mrs Lapidus teaching learning skills. Still things I use today.

I had the same teachers in 3rd and 4th grade!
Remember Mrs Reidler would bake challah in the shape of lechem hapanim every year by that parsha and go around to every classroom in the school to show them?

I remember when uniforms were finally introduced in elementary school. The year before the options were on display in the showcase in the lobby so all the parents could see them and vote for them. Then the next year we didn’t have to wear them until after succos, don’t remember why

Mrs willner standing at the door every morning in high school checking out tznius buttons

Rabbi Zweig’s knas, and clapping his hands by mincha break- “mincha, mincha”

I don’t know who else had Mrs belsky in 3rd grade and she invited us to her beach house at the end of the year and we swam in the ocean/lake/whatever it was. Maybe Chesapeake Bay

Remember Mrs Rosen’s morning announcements every day and she went through everyone’s birthdays in her Israeli accent

And my absolute worst memories of all and the thing that makes me bless not living in Baltimore for the past many years is… THE CICADAS!!!

MrsDash

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:53 pm
Why do I feel like former classmates are on this site too Very Happy

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 6:58 pm
Mrs. Janney had a special name for her "drill" what was it again???

Baking/cooking with Mrs. Gutman in the annex

Mrs. Lefkowitz - If I was queen of the world...my favorite word is Galipolee...

MrsDash

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 7:04 pm
amother Latte wrote:
I had the same teachers in 3rd and 4th grade!
Remember Mrs Reidler would bake challah in the shape of lechem hapanim every year by that parsha and go around to every classroom in the school to show them?

I remember when uniforms were finally introduced in elementary school. The year before the options were on display in the showcase in the lobby so all the parents could see them and vote for them. Then the next year we didn’t have to wear them until after succos, don’t remember why

Mrs willner standing at the door every morning in high school checking out tznius buttons

Rabbi Zweig’s knas, and clapping his hands by mincha break- “mincha, mincha”

I don’t know who else had Mrs belsky in 3rd grade and she invited us to her beach house at the end of the year and we swam in the ocean/lake/whatever it was. Maybe Chesapeake Bay

Remember Mrs Rosen’s morning announcements every day and she went through everyone’s birthdays in her Israeli accent

And my absolute worst memories of all and the thing that makes me bless not living in Baltimore for the past many years is… THE CICADAS!!!

OMG this!!! Hooray

amother
Latte

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 7:06 pm
amother Mustard wrote:
Mrs. Janney had a special name for her "drill" what was it again???

Baking/cooking with Mrs. Gutman in the annex

Mrs. Lefkowitz - If I was queen of the world...my favorite word is Galipolee...

So sad that Mrs Guttman and Mrs Lefkowitz are not alive anymore
I learned an incredible amount from Mrs Lefkowitz, and not just history!
Does anyone remember the stories she told of when she was a child in communist Hungary?
She said once the teachers made them stand up and ask “god give us candy” and nothing would happen. Then they made them say “teacher give us candy” and the teacher would throw candy at them.
They used to slap her hand every time she wrote with her left hand. They had a secret system for delivering messages- don’t remember exactly something to do with a shoebox hidden somewhere.
And of course her fireman boots!!
What an amazing person!!

Every time I go back and visit Baltimore and I see Mrs Guttman’s cow sitting in the front garden, I get sad. She used to repaint it once a month! It was so exciting every time we passed it and there was a new design!!
And she actually was my first exposure to cooking! My mother never let us cook at home, she hated messes. I loved getting yummy hot food that we made ourselves on Fridays!

Oh, and knishes for 1.25 every Friday!!! I have never tasted knishes that good in my life again (except for when they were burnt)
At some point after my time in high school the recipe or vendor was changed and they never had such good knishes again

MrsDash

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 7:12 pm
Wow some of you got crazy good memories!
Page 6 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating