Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Stuffed Flounder delish!!!!!

TheBeinoni

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 5:03 pm
Made this yesterday for the breakfast. It was delicious and filling!

FLOUNDER
WHITE OR YELLOW ONION (1)
PURPLE ONION (1)
4 CARROTS PEELED AND DICED
2-4 SCALLIONS SLICED, WHITE PART ONLY
2 SMALL CANS OF MUSHROOMS (or 1 lrg can)
MINCED GARLIC TO TASTE (at least 1 TBS)
OLIVE OIL
BROWN MUSTARD
WHITE WINE or WHITE COOKING WINE
CURRY POWDER
CAYENNE PEPPER
SEASONED SALT (optional)
MAYO
BREADCRUMBS (SEASONED)
SESAME SEEDS

Saute about 1 half of a white or yellow onion, 1 half of purple onion, diced carrots, a few scallions sliced, canned or fresh mushrooms, and minced garlic (everything to taste, depends what you like) in olive oil till soft. When soft pour in some white wine, just enough to coat the bottom beneath the veggies (dont flood them!) and a couple squeezes of brown mustard. Let cook for a while, then add spices - I added a bit of curry, cayenne pepper, and seasoned salt (if I remember correctly). You can add other spices if you want too, but be careful to see how the spices blend with the mustard and white wine. The veggies and sauce really have a good flavor on their own so you dont need much. I also added seasoned breadcrumbs

Take flounder pieces, Lay flat. Put a good sized spoonful or two of the mixture onto the fish, then roll and place seamside down in baking (I use pirex). When you roll them some of the stuffing WILL fall out so once in the baking dish you can just spoon some of it back in. Stuff them good because they will bake nicely in the oven and the stuffing doesnt really fall out when cooking.

Make your topping sauce - mix mayo with mustard. Add a little of the white wine so that consistency will be smooth and slippery but not quite watery. If you would like a bit of bite, add some cayenne pepper to the sauce as well.

Top fish with heaping spoonfuls of the sauce. Then sprinkle bread crumbs and sesame seeds on top. Cook at 350 till done.. then at the very end broil on low broil for about ten minutes to make the tops crunchy.

Serve with seasoned rice.

(sorry this recipe is not very specific and not as clear as my other recipes - I just "made it up" yesterday and didnt write it down) ENJOY!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics