Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Maine?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 28 2023, 12:26 pm
Has anyone driven to Maine from NY in the summer? What fun things are there to do? No strenuous hikes, we have a family member with an injury.

amother
Daylily

Post Fri, Jul 28 2023, 2:00 pm
Yes Maine is wonderful, though it's a long drive. You can break it up by stopping in Newport, NH, or Portland if you'd like. Just driving through Acadia NP is beautiful! For family friendly activities check out Diver Ed and the Lumberjack Show, plus plenty of mini golf, go-karts, etc. If you can handle the drive, it's a great family-friendly destination!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 28 2023, 2:12 pm
amother Daylily wrote:
Yes Maine is wonderful, though it's a long drive. You can break it up by stopping in Newport, NH, or Portland if you'd like. Just driving through Acadia NP is beautiful! For family friendly activities check out Diver Ed and the Lumberjack Show, plus plenty of mini golf, go-karts, etc. If you can handle the drive, it's a great family-friendly destination!

Thank you!! Yea, I was planning to split up the drive- 4 hours and change the first day, the rest the next day.

amother
Teal

Post Sat, Jul 29 2023, 10:44 pm
I've never done it as a drive but we went to Acadia National park last year and it's really nice with a lot to do

You can stop in Boston and sleep there a night

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Jul 30 2023, 12:00 am
Yes, we've done Maine in the summer. We stayed in the Bar Harbor area (lots of nice hotel resorts) and we spent lots of time in Arcadia National park, there are lots of diff areas in the national park, you follow the signs and can stop in each area for different views. highlights in the national park were Thunder hole, and watching Sunset on Cadillac mountain. I would think you could spend either 1 full day there, or spread it out over 2 days. the other day we spent in the Bar Harbor area which is more like a cute little town along the Bay. you can walk along a big boardwalk, shop etc.

srill

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 3:43 pm
If you are going this summer, did you find out about minyanim? I'm sure there are many people going there and there will be minyamin, but I don't want to go unless I know for certain.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 3:59 pm
srill wrote:
If you are going this summer, did you find out about minyanim? I'm sure there are many people going there and there will be minyamin, but I don't want to go unless I know for certain.

I don’t usually look for minyanim when I go in the summer because my husband and son don’t generally join us.

srill

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 4:01 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don’t usually look for minyanim when I go in the summer because my husband and son don’t generally join us.

Got you. Thanks for replying

amother
Dahlia

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 10:06 pm
srill wrote:

If I remember correctly there is chabad in bar harbor

srill

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 10:53 pm
amother Dahlia wrote:
If I remember correctly there is chabad in bar harbor

Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics