Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Epson vs Canon printer- basic everyday printing?

Epson vs Canon Printer for basic everyday printing, which should I get?
Epson  
 57%  [ 4 ]
Canon  
 28%  [ 2 ]
I don't like either  
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 3:28 pm
which should I get. These are the ones I'm deciding on:
https://www.dell.com/en-us/sho.....nding

bsy

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 3:33 pm
I do not recommend any inkjet printer. Only laser. I'm happy with my brother laser printer.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 3:38 pm
bsy wrote:
I do not recommend any inkjet printer. Only laser. I'm happy with my brother laser printer.
whats the difference?

bsy

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 3:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
whats the difference?

Inkjet uses liquid ink or something and it's forever running out and needing to be replaced. Laser is powdered ink and lasts much much longer.

Amarante

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 4:38 pm
I have an HP Ink Jet printer - wireless - and I am very happy with it.

Mine is also a copier and scanner which comes in very handy because I try to keep all my records digitally as it makes them easier to find and eliminates clutter.

FWIW, I "subscribe" to the HP ink subscription program. You sign up and get a certain number of pages each month for the fee and are charged for overages. You can go up and down in quantity whenever you want and unused pages roll over.

The printer is connected to the HP website and so HP sends cartridges whenever they become low. They are larger than regular cartridges but it is also great to not have to worry about running out or making a dash to Office Depot

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 5:10 pm
Amarante wrote:
I have an HP Ink Jet printer - wireless - and I am very happy with it.

Mine is also a copier and scanner which comes in very handy because I try to keep all my records digitally as it makes them easier to find and eliminates clutter.

FWIW, I "subscribe" to the HP ink subscription program. You sign up and get a certain number of pages each month for the fee and are charged for overages. You can go up and down in quantity whenever you want and unused pages roll over.

The printer is connected to the HP website and so HP sends cartridges whenever they become low. They are larger than regular cartridges but it is also great to not have to worry about running out or making a dash to Office Depot
that's convenient. btw, my current old HP printer is not working so well. things are being sent to the printer queue but nothing is printing or I'll shut off the wifi, restart, and sometimes it will start printing. Any advice?

The giftcard I have is only to a certain place and can only buy epson or canon, so debating between the two, unless my HP starts working normally.

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 5:35 pm
My filter is blocking your link but I love my epson eco tank printer BH.

For the poster that mentioned laser printers, several years ago that was true but nowadays the inkjet printers are actually better quality than laser IME.

amother
Camellia

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 6:46 pm
I had Canons for many years. Went through ink like crazy. Definitely do not waste your money on brand name. You can find many knockoffs on eBay.

Then I switched to Epson. I use my printer very very heavily. But since I have an ecotank printer, my issues from before are non-existent. The ink lasts forever!! Even though it's expensive it's by FAR more economical and more convenient as well.

Amarante

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 7:25 pm
amother OP wrote:
that's convenient. btw, my current old HP printer is not working so well. things are being sent to the printer queue but nothing is printing or I'll shut off the wifi, restart, and sometimes it will start printing. Any advice?

The giftcard I have is only to a certain place and can only buy epson or canon, so debating between the two, unless my HP starts working normally.

No advice but that is almost certainly a software issue.

You should go to the website and see if there are updated drivers or contact support - you can often ask questions online'

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 9:25 pm
Amarante wrote:
No advice but that is almost certainly a software issue.

You should go to the website and see if there are updated drivers or contact support - you can often ask questions online'
thanks

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 9:25 pm
This is the Epson I'm considering: https://www.dell.com/en-us/sho.....toner
how can I tell if it has the ecotank for the ink?

or this canon: https://www.dell.com/en-us/sho.....toner

amother
Hosta

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 9:27 pm
I like HP

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 9:53 pm
amother OP wrote:
This is the Epson I'm considering: https://www.dell.com/en-us/sho.....toner
how can I tell if it has the ecotank for the ink?

or this canon: https://www.dell.com/en-us/sho.....toner
You need to look specifically for ecotank. If it doesn't say ecotank then it's not the right one.

amother
Narcissus

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 9:54 pm
amother Camellia wrote:
I had Canons for many years. Went through ink like crazy. Definitely do not waste your money on brand name. You can find many knockoffs on eBay.

Then I switched to Epson. I use my printer very very heavily. But since I have an ecotank printer, my issues from before are non-existent. The ink lasts forever!! Even though it's expensive it's by FAR more economical and more convenient as well.
Samesies. Ecotank is just amazing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 7:37 am
If I don't get one with an ecotank, whould you still recommend Epson?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 10:38 pm
bump

amother
Narcissus

Post Mon, Aug 07 2023, 10:44 pm
I don't know anything about the other epsons. Sorry
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics