Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What’s considered a nice pay nowadays?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 10:39 am
amother Hotpink wrote:
Thank you. I tried negotiating but since I was at 75 last yr the best they were able to do is 90. Maybe next yr. I work full time. Have a few little kids. Very difficult. I will probably stop working soon since I have no option of part time in this job

If you're so talented and bringing in lots of money to a business, consider opening up a business yourself where you can put in less hours.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 2:45 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
Are you working part time?

I work 27 hours a week. Agency in BK.
Therapists do not get paid alot.

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 2:52 pm
amother Magenta wrote:
Now you are grossly underpaid. Unless you work 2 hours a day, and no summers. Starting salary is $70 hour. That should net you $80k a year as an entry level OT

Are you an OT? Because starting salary is not $70. Summer is not open unfortunately, the schools do not have enough students for us so we all file unemployment. No benefits either. You don't get paid if a student does not show up. I'm starting a new job in the hospital setting since it is impossible to work within the school system

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 3:34 pm
amother Azure wrote:
Are you an OT? Because starting salary is not $70. Summer is not open unfortunately, the schools do not have enough students for us so we all file unemployment. No benefits either. You don't get paid if a student does not show up. I'm starting a new job in the hospital setting since it is impossible to work within the school system

I’m a PT and make more than double what you make working for the schools. But good for you for getting a new job hazacha!

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 3:36 pm
amother Wallflower wrote:
Patent law?

No law at the moment. SAHM. Salary paid in poop, whines, screams and exhaustion. 😂

amother
Azure

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 5:05 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
I’m a PT and make more than double what you make working for the schools. But good for you for getting a new job hazacha!

PTs get paid more than OTs and SLPs regardless so that makes sense.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Aug 09 2023, 5:59 pm
amother Azure wrote:
PTs get paid more than OTs and SLPs regardless so that makes sense.
p

Not significantly more. Hamaspik pays PTs a few dollars more than OTs for EI. I’m an OT in Brooklyn and I work 30 hours a week and made double than you right out of school. I work in a school based setting too year round. I don’t know how you’re making so little. Yeled is the lowest paying agency I know of and they pay 65/hour.
I want to add that you can always find summer work if you are willing to do EI.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics