Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr Richard Notto - I am quite disturbed
Previous  1  2

amother
Thistle

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 4:52 am
Sounds like he's kind of an idiot and has a major complex

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 4:54 am
amother Thistle wrote:
Sounds like he's kind of an idiot and has a major complex

Very Happy

amother
Maple

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 7:53 am
amother OP wrote:
see what you mean by hard genes. but there is such a thing.
even if its very few people if its genetic its going to run in families and more people will have it.

and maybe its rare hard genes for gh insufficiency but there are hard genes  for plain short genes? even though everything else is ok...?
acc to example if it effects the thyroid how does the thyroid effect the pituitary that it shouldnt produce hgh? 

not only that but there are kids that have low/no gh with no underlying reason - wouldnt that just be genes?

also if kids have no reason for gh deficiency how would mrs apters natural drops that works on the hpa axis work if the hpa axis is ok...

sorry for all the questions. I find this very interesting.
A hard gene for shortness but not via gh insufficiency? I guess theoretically it's possible but what would be the pathway? Genes code for proteins. What protein would this gene yes or not be coding for that it would destined a person to shortness but not affect growth hormone? Like the ones that cause early puberty so the growth plates close early? The ones that cause bones to not grow properly? Everything is possible, but again these hard genes will be rare. They do happen, but they're rare, and they generally show up in syndromes.

No such thing as kids with gh insufficiency with no underlying reason. Everything has a reason. Maybe we don't have enough testing to know the reason just yet, or maybe we just didnt run the right tests, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. And it's going to fall into either category, either genetic or epigenetic/environmental.

If you don't know the reason for low gh, the drops may or may not work. Because you're just guessing. If they work, that's a good sign the dysfunction was somewhere along the hpa axis. If they don't work, that means nothing.

Thyroid hormones give the pituitary "permission" to produce growth hormones. Without that signal from the thyroid, the pituitary won't do its job properly. They are intricately linked.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 8:06 am
amother Maple wrote:
A hard gene for shortness but not via gh insufficiency? I guess theoretically it's possible but what would be the pathway? Genes code for proteins. What protein would this gene yes or not be coding for that it would destined a person to shortness but not affect growth hormone? Like the ones that cause early puberty so the growth plates close early? The ones that cause bones to not grow properly? Everything is possible, but again these hard genes will be rare. They do happen, but they're rare, and they generally show up in syndromes.

No such thing as kids with gh insufficiency with no underlying reason. Everything has a reason. Maybe we don't have enough testing to know the reason just yet, or maybe we just didnt run the right tests, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. And it's going to fall into either category, either genetic or epigenetic/environmental.

If you don't know the reason for low gh, the drops may or may not work. Because you're just guessing. If they work, that's a good sign the dysfunction was somewhere along the hpa axis. If they don't work, that means nothing.

Thyroid hormones give the pituitary "permission" to produce growth hormones. Without that signal from the thyroid, the pituitary won't do its job properly. They are intricately linked.

interesting. I always thought the pituitary governs everything. not that tsh signals the release of gh.

the pituitary releases tsh and tsh signals pituitary to release gh?

would a t4 of 11 and tsh of 4 be a cause for stunted growth? kids thyroids vary all the time?

also, there is such a thing as tall and short people like skinny and heavy....even without underlying reasons.I know kids have been tested and it all came down to plain short genes...

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 8:10 am
There’s nothing wrong with being short. The obsession with Tall being better comes from non Jewish media influences.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 8:14 am
amother Aubergine wrote:
There’s nothing wrong with being short. The obsession with Tall being better comes from non Jewish media influences.

its not about wrong. you are 100% right. its more if there is something underlying or not.

amother
Bisque

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 8:16 am
amother Lemon wrote:
What's wrong with being short? Genuinely confused here. And besides, I've read that tall height is a risk factor for cancer

Say what??

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 8:19 am
Didn’t read all but as someone who has a kid on growth hormones that is serious nonsense and ignorance.

amother
Maple

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 9:17 am
amother OP wrote:
interesting. I always thought the pituitary governs everything. not that tsh signals the release of gh.

the pituitary releases tsh and tsh signals pituitary to release gh?

would a t4 of 4 and tsh of 11 be a cause for stunted growth? kids thyroids vary all the time?

also, there is such a thing as tall and short people like skinny and heavy....even without underlying reasons.I know kids have been tested and it all came down to plain short genes...
It's an axis because they're all part of the same feedback loop. They all signal each other in a cycle, yes. I'm not well versed enough to explain the details in depth, you need an advanced biology course for that lol, but I do know that they all work very closely together and that signals can go in all directions, and that the dysfunction could start at any point in the cycle and trigger dysfunction along the rest of of the axis. That's what an axis means.

I can't tell you about your exact thyroid numbers, but if your child's thyroid values are off, I'd take that as a clue. Not take it an run with it, just file it away as a clue.

Of course there's tall and short and fat and skinny as normal human variations, and yes there may be benign variants of genes affecting those traits, but I thought we were talking about outliers.

Kids were tested and nothing showed up so it must be genetic -- I don't necessarily buy that. Doctors like to blame things on genes when they dont have better answers but the evidence isnt necessarily there. Testing we have is so so limited and unless you can point me to a specific gene, why would I blame genes any more than environment? Keep in mind that even if it appears hereditary, that still doesn't mean it's genetic in the strict sense of the word.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics