Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Opwdd and self direction

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 11:49 am
my ds recently was approved for opwdd/medicaid he is 18 yrs. old and home all day. He is very high functioning. I can;t send him to a day-hab. Does anyone know if I can use the resources to send him to classes/job training? Someone recently posted a chef who takes self direction..is there a list of opportunities like that on some site/chat/ I would really like him to be productive!

singleagain

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 12:02 pm
If your in NY contact ohel. They have programs for kids who are high functioning. Job assist and such.

amother
Brass

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 12:41 pm
As long as the life plan has these goals and you have the proper advertisements etc, you should be able to get the training paid for by community classes within self direction. Ask your care manager how to set that up.

mommy3b2c

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 12:45 pm
I (my business) takes self direction and I have many different fun and interesting skills my coaches teach. You can reach out if you’d like.

amother
Hyacinth

Post Tue, Jul 04 2023, 3:40 pm
I work at Braverhood in fi dept. U can get any normal class paid for they self direction as long a sit meets criteria (open to public, published fees, doesn't mimic respite program etc) feel free to ask anything.

amother
Skyblue

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 8:02 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
I (my business) takes self direction and I have many different fun and interesting skills my coaches teach. You can reach out if you’d like.

Not OP but interested - do you have a website or something can look into without pming?
Thanks

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Aug 11 2023, 8:12 am
amother Skyblue wrote:
Not OP but interested - do you have a website or something can look into without pming?
Thanks

at jleagues.com

I’m not sure how updated it is but you can get my contact info there and call or text me . Or reach out directly on the website or email . We work with a lot of kids and adults that have self direction .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics