Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Dover dental? dr. steinberg? howell/ lakewood family dental?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 1:18 am
I went to chemed with my 12 yr old son. dentist says he has 11 cavities. Im on Amerigroup. I would pay out of pocket for second opinion, but is anyone familiar with these dentists that accept jersey family care?

amother
Azalea

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 2:04 am
Just started using Howell Dental (in GG Plaza). I don’t have much experience with them yet, but so far so good; very nice office and dentist.

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:17 am
Just be careful. Don’t know those dentists. But I went to four different Jersey care dentists. The best was shore dental but they’re not taking new patients. The wait times became unbearable there so I went somewhere else. Also in Howell. They messed my kids up so badly. They filled a cavity that touched the root with noticing. My son was in severe agony for days. Missed cavities. Didn’t notice an infection. And the list goes on. My children are both in pain and each need root canals and at least one tooth extracted. Never had this before.
I know because finally I got into a good dentist who doesn’t take Jersey care. I decided to pay $26 per month per kid and buy private dental…there are, in my 20 years of experience and much research that I’ve done…barely any good Jersey care dentists that you can get into.
Many of my friends and contemporaries either pay out of pocket or buy dental insurance because they’ve come to the same conclusion as me.
Just my two cents.

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:18 am
Just adding / the other dentist that I went to was also a very nice experience and pleasant. It was so far so good. And then they messed my kids up.

just wondering

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:18 am
ok thanks. what insurance did you get?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:21 am
so my pediatric dentist that I was happy with said that I have to take my son to an adult dentist...which is harder to find in my opinion than pediatric one

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:30 am
I'm at dover dental and very happy so far, I had a small cavity that I ended done with no anesthetic (I HATE needles) and I really felt no pain at all
In 2 years only had that 1 small cavity

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 8:59 am
Can someone tell me about dental insurance? is it worth it? which ones

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 9:10 am
amother Dimgray wrote:
Just be careful. Don’t know those dentists. But I went to four different Jersey care dentists. The best was shore dental but they’re not taking new patients. The wait times became unbearable there so I went somewhere else. Also in Howell. They messed my kids up so badly. They filled a cavity that touched the root with noticing. My son was in severe agony for days. Missed cavities. Didn’t notice an infection. And the list goes on. My children are both in pain and each need root canals and at least one tooth extracted. Never had this before.
I know because finally I got into a good dentist who doesn’t take Jersey care. I decided to pay $26 per month per kid and buy private dental…there are, in my 20 years of experience and much research that I’ve done…barely any good Jersey care dentists that you can get into.
Many of my friends and contemporaries either pay out of pocket or buy dental insurance because they’ve come to the same conclusion as me.
Just my two cents.
What about star? Are they good?

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 9:57 am
Got horizon young grins
Good till age 19

shev

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:18 am
amother Dimgray wrote:
Just my two cents.

Can I ask you what dentist you use now?
Thanks

amother
Dimgray

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 5:13 pm
We switched to Dr. Semah Brick Pediatric Dental.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:56 pm
amother Tanzanite wrote:
I'm at dover dental and very happy so far, I had a small cavity that I ended done with no anesthetic (I HATE needles) and I really felt no pain at all
In 2 years only had that 1 small cavity

I believe they very recently stopped taking new patients on jersey care

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Aug 03 2023, 10:57 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
What about star? Are they good?

They used to be great, got a new dentist who isnt great at all and Dr Baldwin is barely ever there if at all... Shore is good but insanely long wait times for an appt

amother
Diamond

Post Sun, Aug 13 2023, 11:32 am
Quote:
Got horizon young grins
Good till age 19

can you please tell me more about this?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries