Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Raising A Loving Family

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 10:11 am
Disclaimer: I don't have any kids yet so I don't have much of an opinion on most parenting methods. I'm asking just to start a conversation and hear what other people say.

If you read the book, did you find it helpful? What parts did you like/dislike?

I've read the whole thing and most (if not all) of it makes a lot of sense to me.

Again, just looking to start a conversation. Haven't actually tried anything to have very strong opinions.

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 10:47 am
Following

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 10:57 am
I’m in the middle of reading it and tbh I’m not enjoying it so far.
Most of the stuff he says seems pretty self explanatory, im not getting any useful tips or even a clear parenting “method”.
I feel like every time I read something and it maybe starts to resonate the next few words are “find a therapist to work through this with”
Like I said I’m in the middle of reading it (very slowly) but if anyone can shed any light, I feel like there is something that I’m missing.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 11:01 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
I’m in the middle of reading it and tbh I’m not enjoying it so far.
Most of the stuff he says seems pretty self explanatory, im not getting any useful tips or even a clear parenting “method”.
I feel like every time I read something and it maybe starts to resonate the next few words are “find a therapist to work through this with”
Like I said I’m in the middle of reading it (very slowly) but if anyone can shed any light, I feel like there is something that I’m missing.

Interesting. Because the part that I liked about it was how basic it was. Like you said, no fancy method. Just going through the basics. But based off of what I read on here and see irl some people don't even have that much common sense LOL

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 11:20 am
I read it and enjoyed it. It explained so well how to love and show love. Yes it’s basic, but so many ppl lack it. I had a tough upbringing and extremely difficult teen years. Bh I recovered from my mental health struggles only to have them return once I got pregnant. I was never abused or anything but this book made me realize exactly what I was missing.
I gave it to my parents because they’re struggling with one of my siblings now. Apparently, they don’t “agree” with the book but I’m too hurt and afraid to open up and tell them why I think this is a great book.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 12:40 pm
amother Navy wrote:
I read it and enjoyed it. It explained so well how to love and show love. Yes it’s basic, but so many ppl lack it. I had a tough upbringing and extremely difficult teen years. Bh I recovered from my mental health struggles only to have them return once I got pregnant. I was never abused or anything but this book made me realize exactly what I was missing.
I gave it to my parents because they’re struggling with one of my siblings now. Apparently, they don’t “agree” with the book but I’m too hurt and afraid to open up and tell them why I think this is a great book.

Rabbi Uri Zohar zt"l wrote a slim book about dealing with struggling kids. I read it a long time ago and don't remember it really.

https://www.feldheim.com/breakthrough

amother
Lightyellow

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 1:32 pm
It was very much common sense
But common sense is not so common
I borrowed it, fortunately didnt buy it first, because I like spare the child way better

amother
Dandelion

Post Tue, Aug 15 2023, 3:15 pm
amother Lightyellow wrote:
It was very much common sense
But common sense is not so common
I borrowed it, fortunately didnt buy it first, because I like spare the child way better

Maybe I’ll try spare the child next. I’m glad to see I’m not missing out on something, I’m just disappointed that there wasn’t more to the book.

ETA spare the child is pretty expensive. Has anyone read Raising Spiritual Champs by Miriam Adahan
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics