Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Get togethers for homeschooled toddler

Donuts

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 2:41 am
Hi, are there any groups for stay at home moms with homeschooled kids in Lakewood? My toddler is looking for friends;)

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 5:00 am
So sad for him. That’s what school is all about at this age…
For your child’s sake and to build his social skills, please try to register him with a good morah for September. Kids thrive when they have friends.
All the kids that age are playing in school/playgroup with their friends.

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 5:10 am
I'm not in Lakewood so nothing to say there but I had to react to Neonpurple.
School is not for toddlers.
A toddler by definition is under school age.
There is absolutely no reason to send a toddler out of the house unless the mother wants to or needs to. I kept some of my kids home until they were 4, sent some out at 18mths due to work and have never seen a difference in their social skills, if anything some who were sent out older are more mature and confident because they were home with me with one to one attention for longer.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 5:15 am
amother Whitewash wrote:
I'm not in Lakewood so nothing to say there but I had to react to Neonpurple.
School is not for toddlers.
A toddler by definition is under school age.
There is absolutely no reason to send a toddler out of the house unless the mother wants to or needs to. I kept some of my kids home until they were 4, sent some out at 18mths due to work and have never seen a difference in their social skills, if anything some who were sent out older are more mature and confident because they were home with me with one to one attention for longer.

At that age it’s not school. It’s playgroup. They get together for a few hours to play together. It builds their confidence, maturity and social skills.
They love it. If a child is unhappy then of course it’s not necessary but they are usually much happier playing with kids their age in a room full of toys.

Donuts

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 9:21 am
amother NeonPurple wrote:
For your child’s sake and to build his social skills, please try to register him with a good morah for September. Kids thrive when they have friends.

Didn’t ask for opinions on sending him to school or not. I’m writing this to those that homeschool. Not every toddler is in school.

amother
Lotus

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 10:06 am
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....95590

On this thread there is a text and Whats app group for SAHM's maybe someone will be interested to do something with you.

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 10:41 am
I have had my toddlers home over the years. I don't consider it homeschooling, though. Just my kids home with me. And I think it's very normal to do that if the mother is home and not going out to work.
Maybe rephrasing it won't be as triggering for some who feel the need to preach to you.

(I'm not in Lakewood, so I can't get together with you).

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 10:44 am
Yeah I don’t think homeschool is the right word here. That’s for older kids that would normally be in school. Age 4/5.

Highstrung

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 12:23 pm
When I had the opportunity to be a SAHM, I invited my neighbors to send their toddlers over for an hour or two every other day to play. I also took my child to the playground every day to play and to socialize.

Highstrung

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 12:25 pm

Kids especially toddlers also thrive with being home with their mothers. It’s the most ideal situation if it could be done

Donuts

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 3:05 pm
amother Lotus wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=495590

On this thread there is a text and Whats app group for SAHM's maybe someone will be interested to do something with you.

Thank you

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 3:08 pm
Toddlers aren’t homeschooled. They’re just home
Homeschool is for a school aged child

amother
Wandflower

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 3:14 pm
Mildly off topic but someone was telling me about homeschool style schools here in Lakewood. There's one for girls and another one for boys. They might be a good option for when your kid gets older, if you're still interested in homeschooling and are worried about the social aspect.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Aug 22 2023, 3:22 pm

Sad? Why? Since when is playgroup a must? Some of my kids were home with my till aged 4. Others till 3. Only 1 kid went to playgroup before age 3, for various reasons. Toddler don't need school. Playgroup is not a must.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 9:10 pm

The most ideal place for any toddler is home with their mother! Its not an ideal option most of the time bec mothers either work or dont have the patience and energy to give the toddler their all. If theres a mother out there who wants to have a toddler home thats the best option! They dont need friends at that age their mother is the best friend ever!

amother
Cadetblue

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:54 pm
are you doing activities with your toddler? Maybe start a small group in your house with 2-3 kids

waterwaves

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 10:05 am
I’m home with a toddler and would love getting together with others!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries