Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
OMG!!! Watch the video first, then read it.
Previous  1  2

Blessing1

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:13 am
tweety1 wrote:
So what?? Doesn't make it more right. I'll never forget a breakout when we were in camp. A counselor fainted in middle of main activity. Hatzaloh was called. She was wheeled out on a stretcher. On the way out of camp she jumped out with a banner color war. I remember even some older kids were traumatized.

I cannot understand those traumatic breakouts.
We had in came, we came back from a trip & 2 girls were missing. The camp called the police and gave them flyers to hang around town. We said tehillim, we were terrified. It was nighttime and we had to go to sleep. In middle of the night we were woken up by the missing girls prancing around with a color war sign. We were all so shaken.

CPenzias

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:16 am
Blessing1 wrote:
We had in came, we came back from a trip & 2 girls were missing. The camp called the police and gave them flyers to hang around town. We said tehillim, we were terrified. It was nighttime and we had to go to sleep. In middle of the night we were woken up by the missing girls prancing around with a color war sign. We were all so shaken.

That's crazy. It's not a joke. Why do they make jokes about something so serious? In camp this past year where I worked (day camp) they got chicago boys basketball team to come. They did some cool tricks and whatever. Basically put a show on for the campers and that's how they broke it out

agreer

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 11:12 am
Blessing1 wrote:

I think this and the counselor fainting are so much worse than the video in question.

The worst thing about the video, in my opinion, is that it happened in a cemetery. What a disgrace to the dead interred there. Then they laughed and danced in a cemetery?!?! Awful.

The boys in the video are innocent victims. They didn't do anything wrong.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:22 pm
Living Princess wrote:
I agree it's in poor taste and lacks sensitivity but I wouldn't call it low, or horrific or shameful. Speaking LH, insulting people embarrassing people, hurting people, that's shameful behavior that sadly many of us experience on a regular basis. Behaviors that cause emotional, spiritual, physical and monetary to other Jews. Noone was hurt here, and all the boys (as well as the "dead" guy) thought is was funny. Totally understandable for boys that age. Don't think anyone was traumatized (which isn't always the case with color war breakouts). Publicizing on YWN wasn't a very smart thing to do and has no benefit.

I believe adults would be traumatized from such a thing, kal v’chomer kids.

It’s disgusting. Horrible. Sick. Poor judgment. Shameful. Etc.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:24 pm
tweety1 wrote:
So what?? Doesn't make it more right. I'll never forget a breakout when we were in camp. A counselor fainted in middle of main activity. Hatzaloh was called. She was wheeled out on a stretcher. On the way out of camp she jumped out with a banner color war. I remember even some older kids were traumatized.

That’s horrific too! I shudder to think these are the type of “responsible adults” we’re entrusting the care of our children to! I can’t imagine anyone sane and with even halfway decent judgment thinking this is ok.

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 10:33 pm
I know an older man who told us that his camp did the same type of breakout when he was a teen. Whenever he talks about it, he bursts out laughing. Maybe it’s a guy sense of humor?

I also know a boy who went to a large day camp when he was 6 years old. He had no idea what color war was or what a breakout was. He was so traumatized when the police showed up yelling one day and towed away a car (planned breakout) that whenever his camp had color war in the future years, he always stayed home.
The camps try to be funny and give the kids a good time but I agree that often it’s in poor taste.

Vera

Post Thu, Aug 24 2023, 11:59 pm
How many Ppl even like color war?????

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 8:45 am
lkwdlady wrote:
I know an older man who told us that his camp did the same type of breakout when he was a teen. Whenever he talks about it, he bursts out laughing. Maybe it’s a guy sense of humor?

I also know a boy who went to a large day camp when he was 6 years old. He had no idea what color war was or what a breakout was. He was so traumatized when the police showed up yelling one day and towed away a car (planned breakout) that whenever his camp had color war in the future years, he always stayed home.
The camps try to be funny and give the kids a good time but I agree that often it’s in poor taste.

Yes, men are a different species. I get someone finding it funny, and I might not totally lose respect for them. But it's still beyond acceptable.

bk2cuties

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 1:48 pm
Typical of YWN to share the video with an even larger audience despite how horrible it is. Stop looking at YWN. Look at hamodia.com instead

ra_mom

Post Fri, Aug 25 2023, 2:46 pm
The boys look white. Poor kids. This memory will always stay with them when they see a coffin
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics