Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Have your bought/sold a second-hand shaitel?
Previous  1  2

coloredleaves

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 5:48 pm
I got two from Red carpet wigs. Even though I'm from
Nj I drove in for them. They were still 2200 and 1800 but originally double that. Both are the nicest wigs I ever got and I've spent 3-4000 before. Part of it for me is that it is already precut this way and so I can relaly see how the piece will look on me. I cut the length on one but still since it wasn't raw I could already tell I liked them!

amother
Bellflower

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 6:08 pm
I bought one 2nd hand. It's beautiful baruch Hashem, probably 30 to 50 percent cheaper thsn had it been new. Maybe some people with greater spending capacities change their mind or maybd want something brand new for a yontiv & so they sell it?

amother
Hawthorn

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 6:32 pm
I have bought 2 shaitels second-hand. Both were in good condition and just had to be cut a little. I literally spent $200 on each one. I couldn't be happier.

amother
Blueberry

Post Sun, Aug 06 2023, 8:01 pm
coloredleaves wrote:
I got two from Red carpet wigs. Even though I'm from
Nj I drove in for them. They were still 2200 and 1800 but originally double that. Both are the nicest wigs I ever got and I've spent 3-4000 before. Part of it for me is that it is already precut this way and so I can relaly see how the piece will look on me. I cut the length on one but still since it wasn't raw I could already tell I liked them!

This. I bought 2nd hand in lakewood because I didn't want to spend on a brand new one. I'm extremely happy with it! It was also really nice to be able to better see what you are getting because they are already cut and finished. I didn't buy it the same way I would have bought a brand new one, I wanted a specific style and have a common hair color and there wasn't many options. It doesn't fit perfectly but I knew that when I tried it on. I would have been more picky with a brand new one but I wanted one before yom tov and didn't want to spend more and I'm really happy. I can fix it to fit perfectly but it's good enough as is so I left it. I knew when I got it that even if I wasn't perfectly happy I wouldn't be as upset as if I bought a brand new one and it had issues like my last one. BH I've been happy.

The previous owner sold it because she wanted something longer.

amother
Banana

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 9:58 pm
I just bought a gorgeous wig, second hand, in Israel- so much nicer than I could ever afford new!! Its a blond BK and the hair is silky and shining and just stunning, I got so many compliments on it and I feel like a million dollars! I think these BK wigs sell new for 15,000-20,000 shekel.... and I paid 4000 shekel. It's in perfect condition and looks brand new. I could not be happier. Bought from https://preownedwigs.blogspot.com/

seeker

Post Sat, Aug 26 2023, 10:36 pm
I sold mine because it just wasn't right for me, I got it as a young stressed out kallah so I think I just really didn't know how to tell, the sheitel macher who sold it was very encouraging so I just took her word for it and assumed I just needed to get used to wearing a wig. But it just never grew on me so I bought a new one secondhand that was much better for me and gave the first one to the same consigner to sell for me. I'd only worn it a handful of times.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels