Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Skirts got longer when drying

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 11:16 am
Help please. I have several brand new skirts (like denim type) that I hung to dry and the length really changed. I'm also really short Sad Now I'm thinking of dryer, but I'm afraid it'll shrink the waist too (and unlike today's very attractive body poster, I cannot afford for it to shrink at the waist).

I've began hanging it on a drying rack so at least not so much weight because only half hanging on either side, but anyone know how to fix the ones already stretched?

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 11:24 am
Put it back in the wash and dry flat not hanging

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Aug 27 2023, 11:27 am
Are they already fully dry? If not, wait until they are. From my experience they will only get longer while still wet and shrink back up when fully dry. I actually was trying to stretch a dress longer this way and thought it had worked…until it fully dried Sad

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 12:53 pm
Thank you!
Yes, it's fully dry.
And to the other poster, how do you put it flat to dry - like on floor? and then flip to other side once dry?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:06 pm
Lay out a huge towel on the dining table and lay the skirt out to dry on it, smoothing and flattening it as you lay it out.

emzod42

Post Wed, Aug 30 2023, 2:55 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
Lay out a huge towel on the dining table and lay the skirt out to dry on it, smoothing and flattening it as you lay it out.

This or put the towel on the floor in a place where you don't walk if you need your table Smile

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 12:24 pm
amother Saddlebrown wrote:

Thanks so much

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Sep 04 2023, 1:23 pm
Sorry, OP, I couldn't help myself and immediately reacted. Then I thought, what if OP's short? And what if it just annoys her and it's not my business how long or short the skirts are? Either way, I'm sorry for the agmas nefesh. I've had clothes ruined far earlier than when I could have accepted it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 05 2023, 12:21 pm
No clue what you're referring to. Did you put something in Immediate reaction to titles thread?
Either way, I'm short, and I'm tripping on it, steps are really not funny.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry