Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Buying fruits and vegetables

dora

Post Sat, Jul 26 2008, 11:43 pm
I am going to Israel in a few weeks, I am staying by someone but buying my own food to insure kashrus. I don't know how frum the makolet on their corner is so how do I buy fruits and veggies during shmitah? If I go to the shuk is a badatz certificate ok for that or do I have to look for an addtional certificate?
Thank you for any information.

HooRYou

Post Sun, Jul 27 2008, 2:03 am
I hope I am not making this even more complicated for you, but if you go to an Aida HaCharedis store anywhere including the shuk you should be able to buy anything. You do have to ask you Rov, however, if you hold like Bene Brak or Yerushaylim on produce grown by non-Jews inside of Israel. If you hold like Yerushalyim you can just throw out Non-Jewish produce, but if you hold like Bene Brak you have to let it rot since it has kedushat shviis.

Enjoy your visit!

Imaonwheels

Post Sun, Jul 27 2008, 2:32 am
The charedi supers will have their teudah hanging. The mecholet will only in a neighborhood where the customers care. both in Y-m and Bnai Brak you will find a hechsher on nearly everything. If you will be elsewhere you might find it a good idea to hook up with an English speaking rav here.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions