Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
High School - Punch Time Clock Machine

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:33 pm
Just heard there's a chassidishe high school in monsey that's installing in their building a Punch Time Clock Machine and all girls will need to punch in in the morning and punch out in afternoon. Is it the new AI Technology instead of teachers doing attendance? Do you know of any other school that does that?

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:37 pm
This isn't AI technology. It's an attendance system. Many schools use them--although it's more common in public/secular schools as most new(er) technology is.

Last edited by NotInNJMommy on Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

cnc

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:44 pm
I’ve seen them at MO schools.
Students have an ID card that they scan each period.

DrMom

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:49 pm
Very much not a new technology.

Punch-in clocks have been around for decades, although I associate them more with factory workers than students.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:53 pm
DrMom wrote:
Very much not a new technology.

Punch-in clocks have been around for decades, although I associate them more with factory workers than students.

Was sarcastic.. I know it's not new technology was just new concept for me that it's in high schools.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 1:56 pm
Seems pretty logical. You keep track without confrontation. Until one girl starts signing in for her friend, etc.

In my kids' school, they sign in and out by turning in and picking up their cell phones- or a piece of paper that says they didn't bring one to school. Two birds, one stone.

amother
Melon

Post Wed, Sep 06 2023, 2:12 pm
In the high school I work in, girls (and staff) sign in and out of the building using their fingerprint. Teachers also have to take attendance every period.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics