Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Please explain the stretchies with snaps in back
Previous  1  2  3  4

First Lady

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 5:18 pm
Petit Bateau has been doing these for over 20 years, way before Jewish brands became a thing. I used them for my nieces and nephews years ago and now for my own kids. It's my favorite style for effortless dressing and a clean look. 2 snaps and done.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 5:48 pm
aaa2 wrote:
I've used these for all six of my kids. I love it you can just put the feet back in even if you don't have time to snap it! Especially if you have a set of multiples (like me) and are changing a bunch of diapers at once. The three snaps on the back win hands down
Plus they're cuter! Why in the world would you not want to put your kid in the cuter clothing.
Not something I understand...

Isn’t it possible that cute is subjective? Or that people have priorities above ‘cute’?

amother
Moccasin

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 6:41 pm
The least snaps the better... love the 3 snaps on the back ones, snaps by the croch are the worst and then snaps going down

Zippers though look more pj like as they get older are awesome also I got a whole bunch from old navy they make the best zippered 2 way ribbed ones at 6 months I think they are more pj like and the ones with snaps on the back (some) are more clothes wear

Either way more than 3 snaps - no thank you

And yes it's built in Tummy time for babies,.your supposed to start young.

Ones the legs are hard to put back in it's getting small, I got some great ones as gifts as well as lil legs ones

HonesttoGod

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 6:56 pm
Another above me, have you ever had a pudge baby? Because when it’s hard to put the legs in it’s getting small does not hold true for that.

It would be super long but still to hard to get their legs in and be hard to stretch over and they’d scream.

Also, can we please note that these “fancy cuter” stretchies are actually a fortune?
I’ve never seen one like this for less than $20 a piece and even then it was kidichic sale.
Carters or target zipper ones are $8 a piece and target has packs of 3 for $15. Best value ever.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 7:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
Got a bunch of baby outfits as gifts or hand me downs. Anything from Carter's, children's place, etc, I know how to use - there are either snaps on bottom or a zipper that goes from the top down one leg.

Anything from a Jewish store has snaps in back nowhere near the tush. I think I saw the style last on the baby's pajamas in the old original Disney Peter Pan. A few snaps down the middle of the back, then a few across horizontally.

Is there some secret to making this work or are you really expected to undress the child for every diaper change? I'm so puzzled.

I also didn’t like it at first, but then I realized wait this is perfect built in tummy time! Any form of a baby on their stomach (supervised) is great for their muscles and counts as tummy time

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 7:35 pm
I feel like I live in a different world to the posters here
Stretchies with a zipper are pajamas
I’ve never ever used them, I’ve only used snap stretchies (my oldest is 10)
No one I even know uses carters or target or whatever for regular clothes
But yes, some frum brands are awful and way too tight. I love the mar mar and bee and dee

amother
Winterberry

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 7:37 pm
amother Babypink wrote:
Isn’t it possible that cute is subjective? Or that people have priorities above ‘cute’?

Lol
Totally the latter for me. Easy easy.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 10:14 pm
This style is nothing new. It was invented by a french company over 50 years ago. The one thing that is new and that the jewish stores love is to make them so tight that you have to squeeze those little legs in and squeeze some more if baby is a bit chubby. They used to be wide on the sides and made out of strechier fabrics.
Bubby talking here.

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 10:18 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
I feel like I live in a different world to the posters here
Stretchies with a zipper are pajamas
I’ve never ever used them, I’ve only used snap stretchies (my oldest is 10)
No one I even know uses carters or target or whatever for regular clothes
But yes, some frum brands are awful and way too tight. I love the mar mar and bee and dee

I think I live in your world and just don't care because I'm comfortable doing my own thing lol. I don't get putting toddlers in dull monocolor shirts and shorts sets. Other people don't get me putting my newborn in dresses. I just hope that, like me, they are doing what they want to do and not just trying to fit in.

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 11:37 pm
amother Dodgerblue wrote:
This style is nothing new. It was invented by a french company over 50 years ago. The one thing that is new and that the jewish stores love is to make them so tight that you have to squeeze those little legs in and squeeze some more if baby is a bit chubby. They used to be wide on the sides and made out of strechier fabrics.
Bubby talking here.

Yes those super tight stretchies are new, only my last kid had them. Before that there were the bigger wider ones
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics