Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
ISO Butter-soft Beef w fail proof recipe, pref. in crockpot?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 11:23 am
What cut of beef (easy to find in supermarkets) should I buy, and which recipe do I use, that uses ingredients most have at home, to get a butter-soft amazing beef dish, and can be made in a crockpot?

I love flanken roast. Can I make it in a crockpot? If yes, what recipe?

Is there a more easy to get and less expensive cut of beef than flanken roast, that gives a similar result?

Im considering the below recipe, but Im not nuts over making it with potatoes.

https://betweencarpools.com/fl.....toes/

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 11:26 am
Second cut brisket, cover with equal parts of bqq sauce and water, low for 8 hours.

mha3484

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 11:27 am
This is the easiest meat I know how to make. https://smittenkitchen.com/201.....rlic/

I make it in the slow cooker and it comes out so soft. Sometimes I shred it and serve it like a more mature pasta and meat sauce. Other times I slice it like a roast.

613mitzvahgirl

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 11:31 am
You can definitely do flanken roast in the crockpot . Place diced onions on the bottom of your crock pot. Place the roast on top. Mix a can of jellied cranberry sauce with onion soup mix. Massage it into the roast. Take a cup of cold water and go around the meat with it. Cook on low 6-8 hours. After put on keep warm setting until you’re ready to serve. Enjoy.if there’s leftovers. This freezes beautifully. Just make sure you freeze it with the sauce.
Shana Tova.

naomi2

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 12:02 pm
The following roasts are delicious when braised. Low and slow in a crockpot. Then cool overnight and so you can easily slice it when it is cold (if you slice it when it's hot or warm it will fall apart). Gently rewarm sliced meat in its gravy to serve

Flanken roast
Chuck or chuckeye roast -in a net
Second cut brisket (not first cut, it is too lean)
Minute roast

If you are looking to braise other meats in the crockpot that aren't not roasts, you can also go with lamb shanks or spare ribs or veal breast
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics