Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Salads & Dips
Apricot-Glazed Salami Tart with Arugula Salad

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 2:34 pm
This was a big hit and a bit more refined than the Salami Hasseback but just as easy with store bought puff pastry.

Arugula adds a really nice counterpoint to the sweetness and "fatness" of the dish

In the "salad" forum because the title does include salad after all LOL

Apricot-Glazed Salami Tart with Arugula Salad

Excerpt From: Jake Cohen - I Could Nosh

“It’s not a party without a Hasselback salami, period. It’s the retro appetizer that never goes out of style. Take a slashed beef salami and slather it with dijon and apricot preserves before baking it to candied perfection. It’s sweet and salty, crunchy and juicy, and rich and tangy all at the same time. I wanted to create a tart that caused the same kind of a commotion at any function. This recipe delivers the exact same vibes as the classic but with a little makeover, sporting a crispy puff pastry crust and peppery arugula salad.

I’m particular about my puff pastry in this recipe. You want one single 14-ounce sheet (I use Dufour brand puff pastry) to make this tart, but if you end up buying something else, you can always pivot and make multiple smaller tarts. You could even cut up your puff pastry into squares to make little “danish-style salami tarts for entertaining. Get creative, it isn’t that deep! It’s salami!

Serves 6 to 8

Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes

All-purpose flour, for dusting
1 (14-ounce) sheet store-bought puff pastry, thawed
1 (12-ounce) beef salami, peeled and thinly sliced
¼ cup dijon mustard
¼ cup apricot preserves
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 cups baby arugula
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.

On a lightly floured work surface, unfold the puff pastry and lightly roll to remove the creases. Transfer to the prepared sheet pan, and with a paring knife, lightly score a 1-inch border around the dough.

Using a fork, prick the dough all around within the border, then shingle the slices of salami on top.

In a small bowl, stir together the dijon and apricot preserves with a pinch each of salt and pepper, then brush over the salami. Brush the border of the dough with the beaten egg.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the puff pastry is golden and the salami is caramelized. Let cool slightly.

In a medium bowl, toss the arugula with the olive oil, balsamic, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Top the tart with the arugula salad, then slice and serve warm.

DrMom

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 2:46 pm
Looks delicious! Thx for sharing.

Amarante

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 2:56 pm
DrMom wrote:
Looks delicious! Thx for sharing.

It would make a great appetizer - and was so simple to make.

It's a new cookbook and filled with dishes that are relatively easy to make.

He has a lot of ways to use challah dough including a recipe for Moses In A Blanket LOL LOL Guess what that is.

He seems to have a lot of interesting interpretations of Sephardic dishes which I am less familiar with than Ashkenazi.

Last edited by Amarante on Tue, Sep 12 2023, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

ellacoe

Post Tue, Sep 12 2023, 5:50 pm
Thank you for sharing this! Looks like a crowd pleaser and easy to make.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics