Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
What exactly is pre1A?
Previous  1  2  3

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 3:57 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I once looked it up. New York City public school used to call that age pre 1a and the Jews stayed with it apparently.

Ah...like chassidim still say pampers for diapers

And briefcase for backpack.

GLUE

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 4:59 pm
I once read that the word Kindergarten comes from a German school system.
It was a school for little kids.

I forgot what the whole system was about.

amother
Midnight

Post Wed, Sep 13 2023, 10:54 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
I once looked it up. New York City public school used to call that age pre 1a and the Jews stayed with it apparently.

My son's cheder actually still uses that system.
They have kindergarten and pre-kita-alef.
Same year group. Older group go to kindergarten, younger a group to pre-kita-alef.
Or if a bit is borderline month in kindergarten and would be from the youngest in the grade, but isn't ready to move onto kita alef for whatever reason, these boots will repeat that year in pre-kita-alef and will be from the oldest in the grade going forward.
They curriculum is basically the same but they add a bit more stuff and challange the older boys a bit more.
Going into kita alef, it's all just kita alef, the classes are mixed up but they still keep to the age groups and are extra vigilant and on top of the younger group in the beginning. By the time kita bais rolls around they're all on the same level.....
For example, my neighbors son is (tall and broad) and is in pre-kita-alef. He turned 5 just 3 weeks after my son who's in kindergarten (and tiny and petite and in size 3 clothing) turned 4! And they will both be in kita alef next year. Bh my neighbors son is a gentle sweetheart.
But her younger son just 2 years younger is just about my son's size and a big rough and tumble powerful nature and SIZE. That boy is only 2 years old and my son is terrified of him. And rightfully so. Now imagine if the 5 year old had that nature and is in the same class as my son..... the cheder takes all of that into consideration when setting up the class groups with the rebbes.
Bh I love my son's cheder. Absolutely amazing cheder.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics