Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Large food giveaway in Williamsburg/kiddush Hashem!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:16 pm
A wealthy guy was giving away truckloads of food, groceries, meat, etc. today for whoever needs for Yom tov. What a kiddush Hashem. I’m jealous of his zechus!

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:39 pm
5 million dollars worth of goods.
I know this man, he uses his wealth for good. He doesn't stop giving and giving and opening his heart to those in need. Hashem should bless him with all good in life and continuous wealth.

amother
Aqua

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:50 pm
I stood outside of my house before. All of Williamsburg is unpacking boxes from their cars it was a nice sight. The stuff they gave is real quality stuff here is a list of what I got:
Case Grape juice
Case Eggs
Case Box drinks
Case Tuna fish
Case chicken and meat
Case Lebens
Case Yogurt
Mehadrin dairy box: 2 cottage cheese 2cream cheese 1 butter 2 farmer cheese and 1sour
Pack of 100 slices of individually wrapped American cheese
1 pack of 90 30 gallon Garbage bags
Case 9x13 pans with covers
Case Tissue
Case 16 & 32 oz containers
Case Rice cake
Bakery box 7 different types of cookies and cakes
Case mini Pretzels bags
Case Popcorn snack bags
1 huge 18x500 Silver foil
Case 9" & 6" plates
Case Soup plate
Case Cups
Case Spoon & fork
Case 9 inch Round pans

amother
Forsythia

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:53 pm
Dh waited quite long for the wagon and they probably ran out of things. We realized that he didnt get the cups and cakes. But bh for everything else we did get. We are from the middle class which is the poorest so it was much appreciated!! And yes it was a beautiful sight to behold.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:54 pm
amother Aqua wrote:
I stood outside of my house before. All of Williamsburg is unpacking boxes from their cars it was a nice sight. The stuff they gave is real quality stuff here is a list of what I got:
Case Grape juice
Case Eggs
Case Box drinks
Case Tuna fish
Case chicken and meat
Case Lebens
Case Yogurt
Mehadrin dairy box: 2 cottage cheese 2cream cheese 1 butter 2 farmer cheese and 1sour
Pack of 100 slices of individually wrapped American cheese
1 pack of 90 30 gallon Garbage bags
Case 9x13 pans with covers
Case Tissue
Case 16 & 32 oz containers
Case Rice cake
Bakery box 7 different types of cookies and cakes
Case mini Pretzels bags
Case Popcorn snack bags
1 huge 18x500 Silver foil
Case 9" & 6" plates
Case Soup plate
Case Cups
Case Spoon & fork
Case 9 inch Round pans

I’m amazed.
It’s also amazing that everyone was comfortable taking. No matter your income bracket. So no one was embarrassed and those “middle class” who appear to be managing but are really not were also helped by him. This is just so beautiful!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:55 pm
amother Forsythia wrote:
Dh waited quite long for the wagon and they probably ran out of things. We realized that he didnt get the cups and cakes. But bh for everything else we did get. We are from the middle class which is the poorest so it was much appreciated!! And yes it was a beautiful sight to behold.

Yes. We posted at the same time. This is what I meant. This was a chance for the middle class to get help in a respectful manner!

amother
Gardenia

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:02 am
Mi k'amcha yisroel! I saw some pictures and am still in awe. May Hashem repay this donor!

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:11 am
amother Forsythia wrote:

They're getting in a shipment for tomorrow of the things that ran out today.

giftedmom

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:18 am
Funny I was just thinking how this would trigger the posters on here who can’t fargin a family a roast for YT. Bh for generous people who want Yiddish families to have a beautiful Yom tov.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:20 am
giftedmom wrote:
Funny I was just thinking how this would trigger the posters on here who can’t fargin a family a roast for YT. Bh for generous people who want Yiddish families to have a beautiful Yom tov.

I’m not from Williamsburg and can use such a handout but I’m so happy for those who were able to get.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 12:29 am
Wow!!!! What a special thing to do!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational