Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
My walking partner talks on the phone

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:52 pm
I started few weeks already. Is it normal to talk on the phone while I’m walking with her? Am I too sensitive or is it rude? I’m thinking to stop walking with her.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:53 pm
That's ill mannered and rude. Unless it's an emergency or a quick few second call.

erm

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:53 pm
It’s rude

GLUE

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 9:54 pm
If I walked with someone and they talked on the phone the whole time I would stop walking with them.

amother
Moonstone

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:05 pm
Totally socially off.
I would stop walking with her, what's the point?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:08 pm
What’s the point of having a walking partner, if not to enjoy their company? Of course it’s rude to be on the phone.
Unless you’re walking in a bad neighborhood and it’s for safety reasons, in which case it’s still not so safe to go walking two together, plus not a good idea to be showing off your cell phone.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:24 pm
Not the whole time but a lot. Yes it’s rude. I knew she is narcissistic but she was nice to me until we started walking. There is no point to tell her not to talk. I’m going to stop walking with her.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
I started few weeks already. Is it normal to talk on the phone while I’m walking with her? Am I too sensitive or is it rude? I’m thinking to stop walking with her.

It’s beyond rude. She should walk on her own if she wants to be on the phone while walking.

silverlining3

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:32 pm
My immediate reaction to your title, then she's not a walking partner.

And as posters above said, an emergency, a few min, okay. But alot, just no.

amother
Tomato

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 10:44 pm
Yes. I talk on the phone because I have no walking partner. If I had one, I would talk to her (if I had breath enough) and wouldn't need to talk on the phone.

Unless you need a companion for safety in numbers, I would rather walk alone than walk with someone who ignores me.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 12:53 am
She is clueless about manners and respect. I need to distance myself from her

amother
Firebrick

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 1:44 am
If she's clueless, clue her in first.

amother
Sand

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 1:55 am
My sisters often call me in the morning to know my plans for the day so if I would be walking with someone (I wish I had a partner) I would possibly talk to 2 sisters for about 5 minutes each if they call me not to be rude.

Does she talk to you as well and give you attention? What percentage of the time is she on the phone?

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 6:25 am
amother Sand wrote:
My sisters often call me in the morning to know my plans for the day so if I would be walking with someone (I wish I had a partner) I would possibly talk to 2 sisters for about 5 minutes each if they call me not to be rude.

Does she talk to you as well and give you attention? What percentage of the time is she on the phone?

If you know you’re getting those phone calls every day you should ask your sisters not to call you at that time, or you call them first, or find some way to not be doing this. It’s very rude.

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 6:29 am
Agree!
Ugh
Find a different walking partner.
I’d walk alone and listen to a podcast or something rather than put up with that dismissive rudeness.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette