Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Herpes, please explain
Previous  1  2

amother
Cherry

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 10:21 am
In the genitalia it’s a very serious and can only spread through relations. Lately It’s can be herpes 1 or 2 it used to be only one of them forgot which one. During pregnancy and delivery it is a risk for the newborn if it’s in the genitalia. Herpes has some risks overall if it spreads to the brain but it’s very rare. Most people have it dormant l in their body.

amother
DarkViolet

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 10:33 am
Yes, my baby got herpes when she was 2 months old from someone who had a cold sore and kissed her. It's a good thing I dont know who it was very I am still livid and it's over a year later. It was terrifying!!!

But to answer your question, it comes from any exchange of bodily fluids, including kissing.

amother
Topaz

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 11:03 am
amother Marigold wrote:
When my 18ds was about 7 months old, he broke out on his face. It was diagnosed as herpes. Over the years, there were certain triggers, but we had medication. He hasn’t gotten it bh in a year or two. Not once, to my knowledge, did anyone assume it was an STD. I have no idea where he got it from, but we treat it and that’s it.

I also didn’t think it was a big problem, but as we see from the original post, my pediatrician was kind of correct. When people hear herpes, their mind goes directly to STD. Even if it’s on the eye 🤷‍♀️.

We had great pediatrician. Too bad he retired during the Covid before my youngest graduated from the practice.

amother
Topaz

Post Fri, Sep 22 2023, 11:15 am
amother DarkViolet wrote:
Yes, my baby got herpes when she was 2 months old from someone who had a cold sore and kissed her. It's a good thing I dont know who it was very I am still livid and it's over a year later. It was terrifying!!!

But to answer your question, it comes from any exchange of bodily fluids, including kissing.

I know how terrifying it is. Especially on a tiny baby.
But some people might not feel yet they are getting an outbreak. I can’t imagine someone being that clueless as to kiss a baby while having a sore.
I’m sure my child got it from me and I know I didn’t kiss them while having an active infection.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics