Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
American girl dolls
Previous  1  2

snooper86

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 3:02 am
I really wanted Kit, the closest I ever got to owning one was going with my mom to the store in NYC on Chanuka Vacation and buying a book for $10.
My sisters after me all got one.

AmedeoAvogadro

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 3:05 am
The books were great! I love history.

pearliegal

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 3:20 am
Flip Flops wrote:
The other thread made me realize just how many of us were obsessed with American Girl dolls as a kid!
Now I'm curious - which one did you have or want to have?
I was Samantha all the way. There is still a small place in my heart for her.

I had Samantha, oh how I loved her!

pearliegal

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 3:25 am
Highstrung wrote:
Only one girl in my class had one. She was the wealthiest and was an only daughter . She had Samantha and a matching dress to Samantha.
I loved to dream about it and felt satisfaction with reading the catalog and dreaming about owning one of the the babies or Molly.
We used to cut out the dolls and decorate our loose leaf dividers with the big image of the dolls. Simple pleasures .

It seems like your talking about me! I was an only Child and was the only girl in my class who had one. We weren’t wealthy though…

SuperWify

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 7:17 am
I shared one precious doll with at least 4 sisters.

writinggirl

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 9:28 am
I had Samantha and my sister had Kit. Once I had Samatha, I didn’t want any others. I also had a Corolle doll (remember those?) who looked just like my Samantha doll.
My mother grew up poor in a large family so she was very into buying me dolls and dollhouse accessories.

potato kugal

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 9:31 am
gootlfriends wrote:
Out of curiosity, how old do you think he was? Apprenticeship was likely starting at 12. He could have been 14.

Felicity turns 10 in her birthday book. Ben is 16 and a half at the end of Felicity saves the day.

gyf45

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 11:56 am
I had kit my sisters had molly and Samantha. I was obsessed with the catalogues and dreamed of owning the doll furniture and extra accessories.

ittsamother

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 12:18 pm
I loved the books, read them all (I remember starting with Kirsten, read Felicity, Samantha, Molly, Addy, and I remember when they added Kaya, Kit was already when I was starting to outgrow them but of course I still read her books anyway) and my sister and I would go through the magazine from cover to cover. We didn't ever actually dream of owning the dolls though, we knew they were outside our price range. I loved Samantha, and was ecstatic to find a very similar doll in Amazing Savings one time, she had a beautiful dress and that long hair, and came with a stand to hold her. I treasured her, she lived on top of my dresser... until my younger brother climbed up once and grabbed her and ripped off her hair, which was a wig glued on. She was never quite the same after that!

Side note, I hate that they added Rebecca. A Jew in name only who's not really frum at all. Like if you're going to do it, do it right! It bothered me.

Highstrung

Post Sun, Sep 24 2023, 1:34 pm
pearliegal wrote:
It seems like your talking about me! I was an only Child and was the only girl in my class who had one. We weren’t wealthy though…

She was an only daughter , not an only child.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics