Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Kids shoes ripped less than a month

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:27 pm
Shoe store doesn't want to do anything about it.
Customer service is terrible !
WWYD?

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:30 pm
Buy shoes at zappos or nordstrom where they have good customer service. Or pay with a credit card that has good protection.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:31 pm
My daughters shoes ripped within a week! Never had such a thing, my kids shoes always lasted the season. I took it back, they glued it together but I'm not happy with the results. It doesn't look nice. They don't want to take it back, I'm so disappointed. $130 shoes.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:36 pm
amother Chambray wrote:
Buy shoes at zappos or nordstrom where they have good customer service. Or pay with a credit card that has good protection.

This exactly. I’ve had good experience with stride rite customer service as well.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:44 pm
This is why I don't buy from "fashion" places. I buy all shoes from national chains/companies. Zappos has great customer service, fast shipping, free returns, and a lot cheaper than the fashion stores. I would love to shop at the local stores but their policies have me running for the hills never to shop there again!

bsy

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:46 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
My daughters shoes ripped within a week! Never had such a thing, my kids shoes always lasted the season. I took it back, they glued it together but I'm not happy with the results. It doesn't look nice. They don't want to take it back, I'm so disappointed. $130 shoes.

I try to only buy brands I've had in the past. Like naturino, venettini etc. And on sale so I'm not spending that much

amother
Currant

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:46 pm
This is why I don't step foot in the Jewish stores anymore. It's not like your even getting better quality

amother
Blushpink

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 8:48 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
This is why I don't buy from "fashion" places. I buy all shoes from national chains/companies. Zappos has great customer service, fast shipping, free returns, and a lot cheaper than the fashion stores. I would love to shop at the local stores but their policies have me running for the hills never to shop there again!

Agree with this 100%
I once bought a pair of shabbos pants on Friday morning. By Friday night they were already torn (clearly defective base on where the tear was) went back Sunday morning and they wouldn't take it back.
I'd have no issue paying a bit more to support local stores but with their terrible return policies with no exceptions I just can't bring myself to buy local anymore

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:24 pm
bsy wrote:
I try to only buy brands I've had in the past. Like naturino, venettini etc. And on sale so I'm not spending that much

I've gotten this brand in the past and never had an issue.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:28 pm
The store didn't even reply to my email. I called them a few days later and they said it sounds like " wear and tear". The soles are literally falling apart.
This is a brand that's been known for good quality for decades.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:29 pm
amother Currant wrote:
This is why I don't step foot in the Jewish stores anymore. It's not like your even getting better quality

Bh I've mostly had only good experience with jewish stores.
I've probably bought 1000 pairs of shoes over the years for our family combined, at jewish shoe stores. The shoes lasted beautifully besides for 1 type of she that broke and the store took them back.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:29 pm
amother OP wrote:
The store didn't even reply to my email. I called them a few days later and they said it sounds like " wear and tear". The soles are literally falling apart.
This is a brand that's been known for good quality for decades.

Maybe contact the brand directly.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 26 2023, 9:31 pm
I did. Waiting for reply

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 12:55 am
Is it Geox? Lately we've been having terrible
experience with their shoes. The quality is not like it used to be.

I've stopped buying Geox brand shoes for my kids.

amother
Charcoal

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 1:04 am
I only once had an issue with a shoe and it was clearly a defect from the manufacturer. I had bought the shoes at shoe dream in lakewood and they were so so nice about it. I have heard others had good experience there too when there was legitimate issues. their customer service is incredible. don’t knock all jewish stores. shoe dream definitely stands out as being top notch in my experience.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 1:12 am
Is it Atlantas? I’ve had them fall apart and so did my friends.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 1:54 am
I also had a shoe fall apart that I bought at a shoe dream a few weeks ago. I brought it in last week and they right away offered me a new pair!

amother
Cyclamen

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 2:02 am
One winter I bought my daughter dress boots that fell apart right away I went back and complained. Next year I bought the same company because I was naive that it was defect and they surely wouldn’t make it the same way again. Lo and behold it didn’t make it through the month again. I heard someone talking on the phone about it how she got a refund (one store in town that’s nice like that) but the store I bought it in wouldn’t do anything.

The punchline is that the 3rd year there were lots of styles of this company boots; they expanded their garbage line and all the stores I complained to were selling it with a straight face.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics