Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Took my sheitel for wash and set....so disappointed!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 6:43 pm
Ughhh.....I took my sheitel to a new person who was advertising. I just picked it up.

I am SO disappointed! It looks thinner and nothing like I hoped. When I dropped it off, it was full and lush, and now it's so, so thin. I even saw loose hairs coming off of it when she handed it to me!

I smiled and thanked her, and felt grateful I have a fall and another sheitel being done by my regular person. She's never done the one I just brought to this new person as I just bought it a few months ago, and have only worn it as 'back-up' from the other 2. I figured I'd experiment with the new person advertising. When I dropped it off she absolutely seemed like she understood what I wanted

Ok, experiment over. Lesson learned! Back to the regular person. I hope once the set kind of settles it will look better. Nothing I can do about the loose hairs.

Sigh....

wigboutique

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 6:48 pm
You mentioned this is a new sheitel? Where did you buy it from? A different place than your other wigs?
Loose hairs have less to do with the person doing the wash and set and more with the actual manufacturer
I make wigs and see a HUGE difference the amount of hair coming out depending if it was made in a quality place or not
Also you can definitely add extra hair to your current wig to make it more lush but of course you need to be prepared to pay for that

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:03 pm
wigboutique wrote:
You mentioned this is a new sheitel? Where did you buy it from? A different place than your other wigs?
Loose hairs have less to do with the person doing the wash and set and more with the actual manufacturer
I make wigs and see a HUGE difference the amount of hair coming out depending if it was made in a quality place or not
Also you can definitely add extra hair to your current wig to make it more lush but of course you need to be prepared to pay for that

It was purchased from a reputable company. My other 2 are from the same company and nothing like that ever happened before wirh those 2 and hairs weren't coming out of this one either the past few months I've had it. It was really full when I took it in.

amother
Chestnut

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 7:08 pm
It's very possible this peice is a lemon.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels