Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
What are your goals after Yom Kippur?
Previous  1  2

paperflowers

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 12:19 am
Davening maariv. I realized that there is a nice 15 minute window in my evening where it will fit in. I don’t think of myself as a davener anymore and I would like to challenge that.

I’m trying to convince myself to filter my devices. I haven’t quite gotten there yet, but it’s a goal.

Putting my phone away after I get home from work until the kids are in bed. I started this one a few months ago and I would like to maintain it.

As a family we recently started learning hilchos Shabbos at the seuda, so to maintain that.

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, Sep 27 2023, 12:26 am
1) Birkos hashachar, shema, veahavta before eating
2) Signed up for shmiras haloshon yomi emails today
3) going to try to work in marriage- go out with dh once a week and day something positive to him each day

Last year's kaballah that stuck, and I hope I don't get flak for saying this, but after klapping for veidas zenus etc, I blocked the intimacy section on imamother. I know that for some it has a purpose, it's helpful, etc. But not for me.

amother
Lightblue

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 10:13 am
paperflowers wrote:
Davening maariv. I realized that there is a nice 15 minute window in my evening where it will fit in. I don’t think of myself as a davener anymore and I would like to challenge that.

I’m trying to convince myself to filter my devices. I haven’t quite gotten there yet, but it’s a goal.

Putting my phone away after I get home from work until the kids are in bed. I started this one a few months ago and I would like to maintain it.

As a family we recently started learning hilchos Shabbos at the seuda, so to maintain that.

I could’ve written this post…same goals!!
Except I’ve been looking for a book to use at the Shabbos table on Hilchos Shabbos. Which one do you use?
(Anon cause I’ve been asking this question to a bunch of people lately Wink
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational