Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
OMG - AMI story making fun of Imamother!!
  Previous  1  2  3  10  11  12

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 6:11 pm
I mentioned it to people who hadnt read the story.
They anyway had no idea what imamother waa.

Im assuming everyone else who read it who hasnt heard of it just thought it was mimicing any type of blog style site.
Or google chat or similar.

amother
Snowflake

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 8:01 pm
I don't mention imamother for the same reason that I don't mention the secret stash of chocolate in the back of my closet: I'd be extremely embarrassed to be found out. It's not a cocaine habit or an illicit affair, but neither is it something I'm proud of. There are so many more intellectual, useful, creative and enjoyable ways I could be spending my time. This is, IMHO, the equivalent of watching daytime soap operas.

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 8:07 pm
amother Snowflake wrote:
I don't mention imamother for the same reason that I don't mention the secret stash of chocolate in the back of my closet: I'd be extremely embarrassed to be found out. It's not a cocaine habit or an illicit affair, but neither is it something I'm proud of. There are so many more intellectual, useful, creative and enjoyable ways I could be spending my time. This is, IMHO, the equivalent of watching daytime soap operas.

I'd be less embarrassed about the chocolate haha

amother
Maple

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 9:20 pm
I feel like at the very least we can all take a lesson from it whether we liked it or not

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Oct 03 2023, 11:38 pm
I was annoyed that the anonymous posters all had different profile pics 🤣

amother
Daisy

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 5:33 am
Can I just make a point here?

There is tremendous overlap between the same tiny demographic that reads frum magazines and those that frequent imamother.

Only a tiny percentage of the general Jewish population chooses frum reading material over secular for shabbos and yom tov, and that same population will also choose imamother over instagram.

Therefore, most editors, writers and readers of frum magazines know that magazine hock will happen on imamother. The good the bad and the ugly.

And newsflash, most imamother users should realize this site is not a secret and recognize that this site may be mentioned in the very magazines they discuss on here ad nauseum. It's a two way street.

It's simply part of the culture at this point.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 1:48 am
I read the story after seeing this thread. When I read the thread I understood posters that were upset about it. Then I read the story and I laughed because it was so on target. I was a bit insulted at the poor English.

All in all it reminded me of a Ted talk I’ve heard given by Lori Gottlieb.(where she reads a letter and then shows two sides of the same story)

familyfirst

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 3:35 am
To those who say there is no intellectual benefit to imamother, I disagree. Imamother has opened my eyes to different cultures, thought processes, minhagim, ideas and more, much the day a good book can. Yes, the writing is sometimes very elementary, but there are some posters who write beautifully and have mastered the skill of expressing complicated thoughts in a few lines.

So yeah- this is not the place to come if you are analyzing literature, but there is much to be said about the exchange of ideas, opinions (and recipes!).

Learned a lot by hanging out here…

amother
Lightgreen

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 5:00 am
I thought it was insulting and misogynist. Is this how she sees woman? Every poster came across completely hysterical and lacking any sense. Nobody would scream get your kids and run because of what the OP was describing.
Page 12 of 12   Previous  1  2  3  10  11  12 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room