Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Ahavas yisrael thread.as a zechus for Israel.
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Ultramarine

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 12:02 am
I’m too overwhelmed to think right now, but I love this thread.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 2:33 am
The sacrifice kolel families make just so they can lead such a lifestyle.
It's amazing how you can live so simply.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 2:46 am
Secular Jews who even though they aren't frum are respectful. Wear kippahs at simchas, don't try to call on Shabbos, etc

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 3:15 am
amother Copper wrote:
Secular Jews who even though they aren't frum are respectful. Wear kippahs at simchas, don't try to call on Shabbos, etc

Thank you for responding!
Yes especially when they walk over on Shabbat instead of driving.
Tizku lmitzvos!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 3:19 am
Im always in awe at how much Jewish pride the secular people have.

EstyEF

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 6:27 am
Women in tichel look beautiful .
Women in Sheitels look beautiful.
You, yes You! look beautiful.

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 7:54 am
amother Babypink wrote:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this picture! It reminds me of my husband who looks just like that and fixes everything for everyone.

Coffee beanz

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 8:33 am
Although it is a long and bitter golus we are still trying and hanging on to our heritage. Including non religious Jews who are often vocal activists for Israel especially on college campuses.

Bitachon123

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 8:54 am
My thoughts from Simchas Torah in Israel, as the war heated up...

- Appreciation for the chiloni neighbours, who felt it their duty to keep everyone informed and safe, going round to shuls to share the news and advise people to go home near shelters. Going out to their mirpesot every time there was an update to share with neighbors around them who had no access to news.

- Respect for all the soldiers/ reservists, running home to get changed and running off to go serve. No matter if they have families, young kids, newlyweds, they went with urgency, with willingness, and with pride to serve for their country.

- Inspiration for the men that continued hakafos, and went out for mincha/ maariv, in building entrances and lobbies, in between sirens, davening with real kavana! The tefilla truly gave everyone chizuk!

For me this epitomized the different types of Jews in Israel and how we can all respect each other, look out for each other, and provide value for one another! If only we can appreciate that in peaceful times too!

amother
Dandelion

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:06 am
I live in a chareidi city in Israel. There was an 8-hour blood drive planned for today to provide blood for the injured. So many people came that after 4 hours they said that they have enough blood and sent everyone home.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:15 am
EstyEF wrote:
Women in tichel look beautiful .
Women in Sheitels look beautiful.
You, yes You! look beautiful.

Tizku lmitzvos!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:16 am
Coffee beanz wrote:
Although it is a long and bitter golus we are still trying and hanging on to our heritage. Including non religious Jews who are often vocal activists for Israel especially on college campuses.

Tizku lmitzvos!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:18 am
Bitachon123 wrote:
My thoughts from Simchas Torah in Israel, as the war heated up...

- Appreciation for the chiloni neighbours, who felt it their duty to keep everyone informed and safe, going round to shuls to share the news and advise people to go home near shelters. Going out to their mirpesot every time there was an update to share with neighbors around them who had no access to news.

- Respect for all the soldiers/ reservists, running home to get changed and running off to go serve. No matter if they have families, young kids, newlyweds, they went with urgency, with willingness, and with pride to serve for their country.

- Inspiration for the men that continued hakafos, and went out for mincha/ maariv, in building entrances and lobbies, in between sirens, davening with real kavana! The tefilla truly gave everyone chizuk!

For me this epitomized the different types of Jews in Israel and how we can all respect each other, look out for each other, and provide value for one another! If only we can appreciate that in peaceful times too!

Tizku lmitzvos!!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 9:20 am
amother Dandelion wrote:
I live in a chareidi city in Israel. There was an 8-hour blood drive planned for today to provide blood for the injured. So many people came that after 4 hours they said that they have enough blood and sent everyone home.

Tizku lmitzvos!!!
Amazing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 11:36 am
I was really hoping for a lot more responses than what I got.
Please there's so much good in klal yisrael!

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 11:43 am
A family member posted this amazingness going on:

https://I.imgur.com/IyljviC.jpg
C:\fakepath\20231009_183912.jpg

amother
DarkGreen

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 12:01 pm
I went to a shul for simchas torah where chassidish and litvish were dancing together so beautifully
It was so special and I'm glad I got to experience it

I feel we are such a special nation. We have a chesed organization for everything, we have a gemach for everything, we love each other and feel each other's pain

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 12:10 pm
Reposting for those who can’t see links

Highstrung

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 12:10 pm
I think it’s amazing that my DS was called up by a stranger asking him to join them upstate in their remote area to be the 10th man of their minyan so that they could celebrate Yom Tov with a minyan. I love that he said yes even though he had no clue what kind of experience it would be . He went and had an amazing time with 9 other folks from random places who all came together for one common cause , to make a minyan to daven and to dance with the torah. He also met a Ger Tzedek there who spoke to him for hours , who just moved to that area and that man asked that my DS come there more often to visit . Yidden from all over , each filling each other up with chiyus and simchas Yom Tov . I think it’s so special that in klal yisroel strangers help strangers no matter their looks , their affiliation , their type. They are eager to help another Yid.

relaxation

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 12:11 pm
There are amazing organizations to make sure people have food in hospitals

When a tradgedy strikes chv everyone gathers to help the effected. Just look at amount everone is doing. There is a plane that will depart wed from here carrying food and essentials for the soldiers.
I am part of a whatsapp group and tehilim is being finished over and over (probably the 20th time since last night)
Everyone is davening . Everyone feels connected.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed