Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
My husband and I are both in Klei Kodesh. AMA

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 10:35 pm
I will answer the best I can :-)

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 10:36 pm
How much do $ do you come home with, combined?
Are you on any programs? Are you supported?

relaxation

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 10:38 pm
What made you choose that route

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 10:40 pm
amother Crocus wrote:
How much do $ do you come home with, combined?
Are you on any programs? Are you supported?

We work in a day school as well as tutor, work in Hebrew Schools and my husband at one point was also doing youth programming at our shul.

We have a combined income of a little under 90,000 which doesn't include tutoring, Hebrew school, etc.

We are very much on our own and not supported.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 10:43 pm
relaxation wrote:
What made you choose that route

I always knew I wanted to teach children about Judaism and make them excited about it. I also always knew I wanted to marry someone who was equally committed to it and create a home filled with Torah.

I did not realize how exhausting this life would be and how tight money would be. I love my life BH but the struggle is real! (Of course I know all jobs and adulting is hard for everyone. Just sharing my thoughts about mine.)]

amother
Steel

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 10:46 pm
With that salary- how many kids do you have ? How do you manage financially?
Both myself and DH are both in klei kodesh and I’m trying to figure out the secret how pple manage

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 10:50 pm
amother Steel wrote:
With that salary- how many kids do you have ? How do you manage financially?
Both myself and DH are both in klei kodesh and I’m trying to figure out the secret how pple manage

We have 2 BH. We moved out of town- our mortgage payment is less than the rent we paid for an apartment in town BH. We also get a significant discount on our kids' tuition BH. Not sure how long it will last for since the school where we work and get discounted salary is more modern than we are. But we will see. Hashem always makes it work out BH

mig100

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 11:28 pm
amother OP wrote:
We work in a day school as well as tutor, work in Hebrew Schools and my husband at one point was also doing youth programming at our shul.

We have a combined income of a little under 90,000 which doesn't include tutoring, Hebrew school, etc.

We are very much on our own and not supported.

Op kal hakavod to you! I give you so much credit for choosing this path and dedicating your life to the kllal

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Oct 05 2023, 11:36 pm
following this thread with great interest because I could have written it myself:)
dh and I both in chinuch, we bli ayin hara have 7 kids and earn approx $105k per year, and its hard but BH so worthwhile! But I will comment no more, no need for me to take over this thread@

Growing

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 12:29 am
does your income include government programs or do you get government programs on top of the income
I'm referring to section 8 medicaid foodstamps school vouchers daycare

amother
Jetblack

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 12:59 am
What benefits do you both receive other than salary. Funds towards your family simchas? Money towards mortgage or car payments? Tuition benefits for children? Etc.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 6:52 am
Growing wrote:
does your income include government programs or do you get government programs on top of the income
I'm referring to section 8 medicaid foodstamps school vouchers daycare

No

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 6:53 am
amother Jetblack wrote:
What benefits do you both receive other than salary. Funds towards your family simchas? Money towards mortgage or car payments? Tuition benefits for children? Etc.

We get 75% off tuition BH. And we get benefits since we work full time at our school.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 06 2023, 6:53 am
mig100 wrote:
Op kal hakavod to you! I give you so much credit for choosing this path and dedicating your life to the kllal

Thank you! ❤️

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Mon, Oct 09 2023, 1:32 pm
OP you are in a very "delicate" job.
There are so many educators who can be mean to the uncoordinated, the late, the messy, the struggling child.
please be aware that their is so much potential for bad as much as their is for the good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics