Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
House tornado

Does your house stay clean over shabbos?
Yes  
 6%  [ 4 ]
No  
 89%  [ 57 ]
Other  
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 64

amother
OP

Post Sat, Oct 14 2023, 7:38 pm
Every Fri house is spotless. By motzei shabbos it feels like a tornado has struck. How can I prevent this. I keep cleaning throughout the day but it doesn't make that much of a difference.

amother
Crocus

Post Sat, Oct 14 2023, 7:42 pm
I put a lot more effort into keeping my house clean over shabbos than on a regular day because the kids are home more.
I am very on top of them and I clean constantly
I happen to be in my 6th month now and I start getting really nauseous and tired at about 3pm so most of my cleaning happens before then. My husband does the mtz shabbos cleanup these days, even tho it’s not ideal. I come down in the early morning on Sunday to get everything perfect because I’m feeling better in the morning

amother
Glitter

Post Sat, Oct 14 2023, 7:43 pm
Haha still sitting on the couch snuggling with my kids but thinking about the cleanup... At least we got the kids to clean up the big toy mess. But there's rain gear everywhere, laundry to do, and the kitchen's a mess.

amother
Pansy

Post Sat, Oct 14 2023, 7:52 pm
I do very basic and cleaning lady comes Monday. It flies till then. My kids cleaned up the big toys they took out and I piled the dishes so it's not everywhere.
If dh wants it cleaner then he does it....

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Oct 14 2023, 8:40 pm
as a neat freak, I voted no. my house flies every day and I clean up every day. as it is my kids feel I clean too much. I'm working on changing and bettering myself and letting my kids make a mess, take out more toys than I'd like. after shabbos we make a cleanup together. it's hard but it's ok. I'm a work in progress and I want to make a better childhood for my kids than I had.

amother
Aconite

Post Sat, Oct 14 2023, 9:30 pm
Yes/no answers are meaningless unless you know the household situation. An able-bodied, neurotypical couple with no children living at home is going to be very different from a family with several small children or a couple of which one member has a physical handicap and the other is an inveterate slob because s/he was never taught, or refused to learn, to put anything back where it belongs.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry