Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Do you allow your baby/toddler to eat in the carriage?
Previous  1  2

gigglemom

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 5:04 am
if he's starving, maybe. generally, no.

Brit in Israel

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 5:32 am
You can try all you want to keep the stroller clean but something are out of control E.g Erev Sukkos my nearly 2 year-old suddenly threw up whilst in the stroller.
I personally let her eat in the stroller and every bit of my stroller can go in the washing machine, seat, seat liner straps besides for the hood, so it didn't bother me. By the next morning it was all washed, dried and back together again.

Its going to get dirty at some point, make a point of keeping it clean and not on your babies cheshbon. I am a babysitter and have seen some strollers that give me the ick by the state of them.

When I buy my next stroller I will look more into those that can be fully washed again. As my thought was what if it wasn't washable, I had no time to clean it by hand at that point.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 6:09 am
The kids eat in the stroller out of boredom. Not hunger. I allow eating but I clean it when I get home. Wipes are great!

octopus

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 6:20 am
I feel like the new strollers don't have a tray because this is what the new parents want. I once gave my kids a snack at the park and they were running around with it and in a loud voice, a mom told her kid "WE don't run around and eat. WE sit down.". yikes . I'm the big bad guy! Even if it's not what WE do, WE aren't so rude to make an announcement like that!

watergirl

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 6:46 am
amother Oleander wrote:
As a general rule, no. They can eat at home or at our destination, like everyone else.

Babies and toddlers are not like everyone else. They wear diapers and don't use a toilet like everyone else. They nap during the day, unlike everyone else. etc. They have different kinds of needs. I think if someone gets a stroller that's so expensive or fancy that you put it's needs above the child's needs (and yes, a child may have a need to eat, emotionally or otherwise), it's time to reevaluate.

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 6:50 am
watergirl wrote:
Babies and toddlers are not like everyone else. They wear diapers and don't use a toilet like everyone else. They nap during the day, unlike everyone else. etc. They have different kinds of needs. I think if someone gets a stroller that's so expensive or fancy that you put it's needs above the child's needs (and yes, a child may have a need to eat, emotionally or otherwise), it's time to reevaluate.

Don't worry, I'm sure that they aren't putting the "needs" of the stroller, before the babies needs. Just like I don't give my kids food in their beds, I don't give them food in the stroller. If it's lunchtime and we're not home, I find somewhere to take the baby out of the stroller to feed them. My stroller is not expensive, but still a pain to clean.
Toddlers generally want to eat in the stroller out of boredom. They shouldn't be left if the stroller for so long that they'd need a meal in the stroller.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 6:53 am
Yes if it keeps them quiet and then I can enjoy my walk.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 6:57 am
Dry, easy to clean foods. More than that is mealtime which a stroller isn’t so good for.

amother
Oleander

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 1:39 pm
amother Tealblue wrote:
Don't worry, I'm sure that they aren't putting the "needs" of the stroller, before the babies needs. Just like I don't give my kids food in their beds, I don't give them food in the stroller. If it's lunchtime and we're not home, I find somewhere to take the baby out of the stroller to feed them. My stroller is not expensive, but still a pain to clean.
Toddlers generally want to eat in the stroller out of boredom. They shouldn't be left if the stroller for so long that they'd need a meal in the stroller.

Yes, exactly. It's precisely because I'm putting their needs first that I don't feed them in the stroller.

DreamerForever

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 4:31 pm
Yes. And I know many first time mom's who swear they will NEVER.

I don't think many of them keep that particular promise.

belovedaz

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 7:02 pm
I don't like it when my toddler eats in her stroller but her babysitter uses it as a high chair Sad so it's always getting dirty.
For regular, I try to run errands without her in tow but those days that I need to get out I do take a snack that's cleanish for her to have.

amother
White

Post Mon, Oct 16 2023, 7:23 pm
Yes my babies eat in their stroller, anything they want. I have a very expensive stroller and I have the mindset as a parent that no matter how much I spend, it’s for a child and will get dirty. Plus I can wash and clean it and it looks brand new

I’d take a happy baby over a clean stroller any day 😂
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics