Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Shuls in Passaic

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 4:49 pm
This is my first post on here, so I apologize in advance if there are any formatting mistakes or if this is not the right forum.

Recently got married and we moved to Passaic. We are not from here and don't know so many people. Which Shuls tend to have more newlywed couples? Obviously finding a Shul that is a fit for us will take trial and error, but a starting point would be good.

Also, unrelated, but where can I find a blech here?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 4:56 pm
Welcome!
Blech is easy, they have in kosher Konnection in the back by the paper goods right befroe you turn into the section for the freezers. Measure your oven and maybe bring a measuring tape so you know you’re getting the right size.
Do you want to describe yourself a bit maybe what area you live in so we can help you with a shul?

amother
Poinsettia

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 4:57 pm
Welcome!
You can probably find a blech in kosher konnection or aisle one.

I’m a few years past newlywed so not such a good resource on Shuls. What neighborhood are you in and what type of Shul are you looking for? I can try and give you the options.

joonabug

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 5:29 pm
welcome! im a newlywed living in passaic atm but I dont go to shul on shabbos im not sure if there is a specific shul that newlyweds go to. if you find one lmk I would love to come!

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 6:06 pm
You can try the Park Ave. Shul, K'hal Park ave
24 Park Ave between South parkway and Rutherford Blvd.
If you like a kollel ,there is the choshen mishpat Kollel, Rabbi West corner of Main and Howard. There are some great rabbanim and different styles of davening, so u can try out some different places if they appeal to you.

amother
Strawberry

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 6:46 pm
Maybe Rabbi Krohn’s shul? 222 Brook Ave.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 7:57 pm
amother Chartreuse wrote:
Welcome!
Blech is easy, they have in kosher Konnection in the back by the paper goods right befroe you turn into the section for the freezers. Measure your oven and maybe bring a measuring tape so you know you’re getting the right size.
Do you want to describe yourself a bit maybe what area you live in so we can help you with a shul?

Thank you! Dh is OOT Yeshivish type who works but is Kovea Ittim. I personally don't consider myself Yeshivish. Where we live is pretty central AFAIK.

amother
Pear

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 9:14 pm
Rabbi Schwab shul , bnei torah

amother
Melon

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 9:17 pm
amother OP wrote:
Thank you! Dh is OOT Yeshivish type who works but is Kovea Ittim. I personally don't consider myself Yeshivish. Where we live is pretty central AFAIK.

Central Passaic? Central Clifton? Near the girls school? The boys school? The cheder? There are probably more than 15 shuls and no matter how centrally you live, there are definitely some that will be more convenient than others (ie kol yeshurin/the adas/rabbi hirsch are pretty far from the tif and btu. Beth shalom is also not necessarily going to be right near every area). Unless you mean you live near yeshiva gedola and the ahavas? Maybe we should focus on shuls in that area like rabbi spira’s or rabbi berkowitz’s shul (not sure which of those have newlyweds though)

cbsp

Post Thu, Oct 19 2023, 9:33 pm
Welcome OP!

Does the nusach matter to you?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 7:50 am
amother Melon wrote:
Central Passaic? Central Clifton? Near the girls school? The boys school? The cheder? There are probably more than 15 shuls and no matter how centrally you live, there are definitely some that will be more convenient than others (ie kol yeshurin/the adas/rabbi hirsch are pretty far from the tif and btu. Beth shalom is also not necessarily going to be right near every area). Unless you mean you live near yeshiva gedola and the ahavas? Maybe we should focus on shuls in that area like rabbi spira’s or rabbi berkowitz’s shul (not sure which of those have newlyweds though)

We live very close to YBH of Passaic. Ahavas is pretty close too. Kol Yeshurun/Adas/Rabbi Hirsch are not too far, but BTU and Ahavas are closer. We also wouldn't mind walking a bit (like 20 minutes) to daven at a place we like.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Oct 20 2023, 8:11 am
cbsp wrote:
Welcome OP!

Does the nusach matter to you?

Thanks! Nusach doesn't matter so much.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating