Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
GE shabbos mode problem

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 2:35 pm
I have a GE 49-85211-4 06-14 model and the shabbos mode doesn't seem to work the way I need it to, which is to stay on all yt. Trying to figure out what's going on before yt this time so I can have it available to use the second day. Anyone have this oven and know what the deal is?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 2:51 pm
I had the same problem with my GE wall oven (don’t know the model) turns out you have to set it to “12 shutdown” first, and then turn it to sabbath mode.
Test it see if it helps you too

shanie5

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 7:16 pm
Most shabbos mode ovens have 3 settings.
Regular-which will automatically shut off after 12 hours.
No 12 hour shut down-will stay on at whatever temperature you set
Shabbos mode-the oven will not shut down after 12 hours AND you can adjust the temperature on yomtov also.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Sun, Sep 10 2023, 7:46 pm
My GE oven, when I set it for just Friday night, I set it to go off after about 2 hours. For yomtov, I just don’t do the cook time and it stays on indefinitely then.

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 5:59 pm
Just got a new GE profile oven (2 actually) and even though I turned off the auto shutoff setting it turned off. I had a boy come four times to turn it on. It shut off after like four hours. I had it on shabbos mode. I've had many ovens but never had this issue before. Anyone know what the issue is?

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 8:28 pm
Yes I had the same problem it turned off after a few hours. If u figure out the prob pls post

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Sep 17 2023, 8:37 pm
I have an GE oven and when mine would turn off even on shabbos mode I figured out it was because it was set on convection bake. In order for it to be on shabbos mode and not turn off it has to be on bake (regular).

amother
White

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 8:36 am
We have the same problem on a brand new GE double wall oven (Model JTD5000SN3SS).

We set the Sabbath mode and it simply stops heating after four hours, regardless of the settings (Auto Off - 12 hr, etc). It says it has achieved cook time (although no cook time has been set).

We have scheduled someone to come out and service it. Did anyone solve the issue?

eraiser

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 8:38 am
amother Saddlebrown wrote:
I had the same problem with my GE wall oven (don’t know the model) turns out you have to set it to “12 shutdown” first, and then turn it to sabbath mode.
Test it see if it helps you too

Do you happen to have the Jkp75sp3ss model? I'm having the same problem as op and I really need a solution!

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 8:39 am
amother White wrote:
We have the same problem on a brand new GE double wall oven (Model JTD5000SN3SS).

We set the Sabbath mode and it simply stops heating after four hours, regardless of the settings (Auto Off - 12 hr, etc). It says it has achieved cook time (although no cook time has been set).

We have scheduled someone to come out and service it. Did anyone solve the issue?

I also scheduled service. I am so annoyed! And it was on regular bake not convection.

Mine also says cook time has been achieved even though it wasn't set.

peninass

Post Tue, Sep 19 2023, 11:52 am
For folks w/ JTD5000SNSS or similar, we found the solution!

GE called us and explained. See embedded photo.

Once in Sabbath Mode, for a CONTINUOUS BAKE:
press BAKE, then DON'T INPUT THE WHOLE TEMPERATURE VALUE; rather, select either [1]-[5] based on your desired temperature, then hit ENTER.

([1] = 200, [2] = 250, [3] = 300, [4] = 325, [5] = 400)

If you want a TIMED bake on Sabbath mode, that's where the buttons [6]-[0] come into play.

(We kept inputting "170", "200", "250," the last digit of which is "0," which unbeknownst to us was enabling the 4-hour timer.

Lastly, the reason we ran into this issue was because we were referencing an old revision of the owner's manual. For your latest manual, go to the below-linked website and enter your model number for the latest manual.

Link: Owner Manuals

amother
Sienna

Post Wed, Sep 20 2023, 2:29 pm
Was just gonna post the same! I am going to try it tonight and make sure it works!

eraiser

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 5:35 am
peninass wrote:
For folks w/ JTD5000SNSS or similar, we found the solution!

GE called us and explained. See embedded photo.

Once in Sabbath Mode, for a CONTINUOUS BAKE:
press BAKE, then DON'T INPUT THE WHOLE TEMPERATURE VALUE; rather, select either [1]-[5] based on your desired temperature, then hit ENTER.

([1] = 200, [2] = 250, [3] = 300, [4] = 325, [5] = 400)

If you want a TIMED bake on Sabbath mode, that's where the buttons [6]-[0] come into play.

(We kept inputting "170", "200", "250," the last digit of which is "0," which unbeknownst to us was enabling the 4-hour timer.

Lastly, the reason we ran into this issue was because we were referencing an old revision of the owner's manual. For your latest manual, go to the below-linked website and enter your model number for the latest manual.

Link: Owner Manuals

Can you post the number that got you a live person to talk to?

amother
Rainbow

Post Sun, Oct 08 2023, 9:01 pm
@Peninass I tried it worked tysm!!

amother
Sienna

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 6:27 am
Does anyone else have an issue with their GE profile oven that the broiler comes on in middle of the bake cycle?
I called for service and the technician came this morning and said that that's the norm for my model oven. However, it really doesn't work for me to have a broiler come on every few minutes in the middle of a bake cycle.
In addition, my problem is the Shabbos mode is on the big cycle and the broiler comes on the entire Shabbos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen