Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Child with psoriasis
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 10:22 pm
amother Beige wrote:
Have you tried Ahava Dead Sea products? They reduced my psoriasis significantly as a kid

thanks. there are so many products. which one specifically?

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 10:29 pm
Try a cup of blueberries a day, it really works!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 10:31 pm
amother OP wrote:
contact info? what is her mehalech?

8457826775 I think is current
She answers questions live once a week for free
On akeres habayis
She douses and does cranial
Will tell you what's causing it, food or chemical etc
And what's good to use

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 10:44 pm
amother OP wrote:
fascinating! how to
treat though?
Treat chronic strep. Treat inflammation/autoimmunity. Treat the deeper root causes for the chronic strep and the autoimmunity--misdirected immune response, ie heal the gut, reduce toxic load, address mouth breathing, restore nutrient levels etc.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 10:59 pm
amother Slateblue wrote:
Treat chronic strep. Treat inflammation/autoimmunity. Treat the deeper root causes for the chronic strep and the autoimmunity--misdirected immune response, ie heal the gut, reduce toxic load, address mouth breathing, restore nutrient levels etc.

sounds so interesting..but would a pediatrician go along with this? how can I get information?

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 11:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
sounds so interesting..but would a pediatrician go along with this? how can I get information?
This is coming from a functional.medicine approach. If you want guidance you'd need a provider that has a background in functional medicine. But you don't necessarily need a dr to go along with this, you can do it without their permission lol.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Oct 22 2023, 11:38 pm
amother OP wrote:
how old is she? my daughter is 7

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 7:43 am
amother Slateblue wrote:
This is coming from a functional.medicine approach. If you want guidance you'd need a provider that has a background in functional medicine. But you don't necessarily need a dr to go along with this, you can do it without their permission lol.

I hear you but what's the protocol treatment?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 3:48 pm
Following.
My daughter has psoriasis for 10 years already after being exposed (and treated with antibiotics)to strep one time too many. I was young and a first time mom and didn’t realize what was happening before it was too late. She had the most beautiful skin ever.
We’ve tried following Dr Pagano’s diet for at least 6 months with minimal progress. I’m at my wits end.
Wondering if I should just give her the shot. We’ve tried so many natural stuff but they barely helped.
Ftr she hasn’t had strep in years Bh.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 4:10 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
Following.
My daughter has psoriasis for 10 years already after being exposed (and treated with antibiotics)to strep one time too many. I was young and a first time mom and didn’t realize what was happening before it was too late. She had the most beautiful skin ever.
We’ve tried following Dr Pagano’s diet for at least 6 months with minimal progress. I’m at my wits end.
Wondering if I should just give her the shot. We’ve tried so many natural stuff but they barely helped.

totally commiserate with you!
I'm thinking of trying the soothe regimen by rodan and fields...

mom4many

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 4:15 pm
My daughter suddenly started bleeding on her scalp from psoriasis as an early teen. We obviously applied whatever creams & shampoos prescribed by the dr & it was like an SOS treatment- improved but didn’t heal.
A few acupuncture treatments really did the job. This was around 10 yrs. ago.

Since then it’s been “maintenance”. She uses special shampoos, tries to go to the Dead Sea 1-2 times a year (we live in Israel). When it does flare up she goes for a few more acupuncture sessions.

After having a baby her psoriasis flared up again & she went again for acupuncture and it helped.

As far as I understand, acupuncture for kids is much more mild & doesn’t entail leaving needles in. But check before going.

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 4:15 pm
I like xamiol gel. It's a steroid with a vitamin d derivative it works well for me (and dd).

I have psoriasis and so does dd9. She got it when she was 4. Also her private parts are very much affected.

Has anyone thought about joining the frum ladies program at the dead sea? I did but I'm sure it's called off.

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 4:17 pm
I agree with others about strep. I had reoccurring strep and it was so bad for my psoriasis. I was covered in it.

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 4:24 pm
amother OP wrote:
how old is she? my daughter is 7

The shots come with risks. Iiuc they're immunosuppressive. Better strong steroids than that.

amother
Phlox

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 4:27 pm
amother Jean wrote:
The shots come with risks. Iiuc they're immunosuppressive. Better strong steroids than that.

I didn't opt for shots because they're immunosuppressive, but steroids are a Bandaid. They don't fix anything. And you keep having to increase the dosage for it to be effective.

amother
Lightcyan

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 4:32 pm
amother Coffee wrote:
Following.

If you could get your insurance to approve the shot (since it’s very high cost), why would you hesitate 10 years in? Are there risks I haven’t heard of?
In our experience, the shots made a world of a difference-from the first shot. And then you only need to give it a few times per year. ( This is Stelera.)

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 4:32 pm
amother Phlox wrote:
I didn't opt for shots because they're immunosuppressive, but steroids are a Bandaid. They don't fix anything. And you keep having to increase the dosage for it to be effective.

For sure. They are awful. I have lots of experience unfortunately.

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 4:38 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:
If you could get your insurance to approve the shot (since it’s very high cost), why would you hesitate 10 years in? Are there risks I haven’t heard of?
In our experience, the shots made a world of a difference-from the first shot. And then you only need to give it a few times per year. ( This is Stelera.)

No personal experience but based on what I understood, the shots are immunosuppressants. Does your child get sick a lot? I was close to getting prescribed them for myself and I was very, very nervous.

Another option is UV treatment. That was the other treatment presented to me.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 5:06 pm
amother Jean wrote:
No personal experience but based on what I understood, the shots are immunosuppressants. Does your child get sick a lot? I was close to getting prescribed them for myself and I was very, very nervous.

Another option is UV treatment. That was the other treatment presented to me.

so far didnt have luck getting approved for UV treatment

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 23 2023, 5:08 pm
amother Lightcyan wrote:

my husband is on stelara and is happy with the results . so nervous to start on a young child though....
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics