Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
How come Yeshivas Mir is calling back the bochurim?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:19 am
amother Narcissus wrote:
If you think that this may chas v'shalom turn in to a serious war, why do you think that you're safer in chul than in Israel?

Because Israel is a tiny country with nowhere to escape if airports are closed. It is surrounded by millions of bloodthirsty Arabs.

In the US, I can leave the tri-state area and hide if need be. It’s a massive country.

amother
Alyssum

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:22 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes Thursday till after morning seder.

Which means that if a boy is a serious learner he doesn't have anything from Thursday morning which to me means he should be in Israel either by the end of this week or beginning of next.

My question was not on the Thursday or the Sunday

The question is how can they call them back into a war zone. I understand Israelis are more careless by nature and have higher levels of emunah but for learning to have its effects it doesn't have to be in the place of the war zone.

Very insulting OP to call me careless. I work on my Emuna very much for my everyday life. We are helping our more unfortunate neighbors in the South. We are helping the Soldiers by sending hundreds of cooked meals from all over communities here. We are not Careless. Do you think families went out the week after Simchas Torah shopping, or to the Mall? All shops were closed. (food shops were open) Shops are just starting now to open slowly. The Jerusalem highway was Empty last week at 10.30pm. Empty. I was crying when I saw this. (we were driving on it) We are all hurting. We are not careless.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:28 am
amother Alyssum wrote:
Very insulting OP to call me careless. I work on my Emuna very much for my everyday life. We are helping our more unfortunate neighbors in the South. We are helping the Soldiers by sending hundreds of cooked meals from all over communities here. We are not Careless. Do you think families went out the week after Simchas Torah shopping, or to the Mall? All shops were closed. (food shops were open) Shops are just starting now to open slowly. The Jerusalem highway was Empty last week at 10.30pm. Empty. I was crying when I saw this. (we were driving on it) We are all hurting. We are not careless.

I don't think OP meant careless. I think she meant carefree, more happy go lucky, which is a result of stronger emuna & bitachon.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:29 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
Because Israel is a tiny country with nowhere to escape if airports are closed. It is surrounded by millions of bloodthirsty Arabs.

In the US, I can leave the tri-state area and hide if need be. It’s a massive country.

This is just you rationalizing to make you feel safer.

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:32 am
My son is going back iyh early next week. As a mother, of course I worry. But staying here in limbo is also not ok.

Most of my young cousins are all now in their uniforms at the front, my son is a soldier too. He is going back to learn in yerushalayim. There isnt anything much more noble that.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:32 am
amother Bergamot wrote:

There is absolutely no way to know where it would be safer should there be a WW3 ch”v. So the right thing to do is do what’s safe right now, and right now yerushelayim is just as safe as brooklyn which is also surrounded by Arabs.

B'Syata D'Shmya

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:34 am
To help greet Moshiach, it should come today and they should be too late!!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:35 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
My brother isn’t going back. This has the potential to turn into WW3. Lebanon is active, Iran is active, who knows where this will go. Staying far away from Israel for the time being.

Hamas’s rockets are primitive and don’t go far but if they get ballistic missiles from Iran Chas vshalom…

I’m not trying to instill fear, just saying I would not send my son to Israel right now. Everyone on this thread is disagreeing with OP but I don’t see why.

I’m curious where you live and what community you are part of? Did most kids in sem and yeshiva come home? What about what the gedolim/rabbanim are saying.

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:36 am
amother Narcissus wrote:
This is just you rationalizing to make you feel safer.

I think this is you rationalizing actually. Point out the fallacy in my thinking please.

If Israel’s borders fall, it’s all over. It is a minuscule country with nowhere to hide.

If America’s borders fall, I drive to a remote mountaintop somewhere in middle America.

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:36 am
amother Fuchsia wrote:
I’m curious where you live and what community you are part of? Did most kids in sem and yeshiva come home? What about what the gedolim/rabbanim are saying.

I’m not sure what others are doing or saying, just know what my parents decided about my brother.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:42 am
OP, Jerusalem is *not* a war zone. And a question: All schools are open so why shouldn't the yeshiva be open too?

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:43 am
And if Iran decides to send a nuclear into the US Chas v shalom? No running no hiding R”L
We trust in the Abishter
E”Y is the safest place in the world
May Hashem Protect us all everywhere

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:44 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
I think this is you rationalizing actually. Point out the fallacy in my thinking please.

If Israel’s borders fall, it’s all over. It is a minuscule country with nowhere to hide.

If America’s borders fall, I drive to a remote mountaintop somewhere in middle America.

Again you rationalizing to make you think you're safe.

amother
Chestnut

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:48 am
I think OP meant careless as in resilient, which my 10 year seems to have more of then OP and her like.
She is able to talk about her emotions. She knows how to express her fear. In school they talk about coping mechanisms. At home she is chipping in with all the cooking and packaging and has been helping moms that have been evacuated.
I take offense with your choice of words. We are everything but careless and we are also not carefree by a long shot.
OP, I take offense with your choice of words.

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:51 am
amother Snow wrote:
And if Iran decides to send a nuclear into the US Chas v shalom? No running no hiding R”L
We trust in the Abishter
E”Y is the safest place in the world
May Hashem Protect us all everywhere

Then it makes no difference where we are. But that’s just one scenario.

I’m so confused about why this thread is so one sided. And people who say Israel is the safest place in the world make me really confused. It’s literally not. There have been more terror attacks there than in the US, you can’t not see that.

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:54 am
We trust in our gadolim who have said so that
E”Y is the safest place in earth that’s why

Anyway wherever we are is what Hashem Intends

Op do what works for you
As does each of us

amother
Bergamot

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:55 am
amother Snow wrote:
We trust in our gadolim who have said so that’s why

Anyway wherever we are is what Hashem Intends

Op do what works for you
As does each

Gedolim don’t have nevuah.

amother
Kiwi

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:56 am
Ds is not in Mir but a different yeshiva. He is home rn but I have to make a decision soon.

This does have the potential of a ww. No one doesn't see that.
Also its very obvious we are not necessarily any safer anywhere in chul. Ww2 vibes all around us.

Honestly, its better for me that ds is home because I sleep at night.
My bitachon is not as strong as I would prefer it to be that I would be 100% calm.
Ds ruchniyos is better off in jm. I am not knowing what to do.

I would love for the two gedolim who spoke of this nightmare on chol hamoed / hoshana raba on video to be recorded addressing this situation, giving guidance to all of the parents in this predicament.

amother
Narcissus

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:56 am
amother Bergamot wrote:
Gedolim don’t have nevuah.

But they are wiser then us.
I trust our Rabbanim to help us make the right decisions.
It seems like you're dealing with anxiety that needs professional treatment.

amother
Snow

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 11:57 am
Not looking to convince
We don’t all have to agree
Simply posters asked for explanation
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics