Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Anyone tried making frozen green beans in microwave?

Busybee5

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 12:52 pm
I forgot to make it, and I'm supposed to be going to my in laws in about 20 mins with supper Can't Believe It
We can go later if need be, just wondering if I can speed up the process by putting them in the microwave? They're in the oven on high now!

I have an air fryer but cbb dirtying it just for some green beans.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 1:08 pm
All it needs is 8 minutes on 400, spread out thinly on a cookie sheet in the oven.
Good luck!

Busybee5

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 1:10 pm
ra_mom wrote:
All it needs is 8 minutes on 400, spread out thinly on a cookie sheet in the oven.
Good luck!

Thanks! I microwaved them first for 3 minutes, now they're in the oven with the rest of the supper. Phew. I'm normally more organised!

emzod42

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 1:53 pm
I make them all the time in there. I usually do 4 min in a little water with my microwave, then dump the water.

cholentfan1

Post Tue, Oct 24 2023, 1:57 pm
I always do it in the microwave. I put a bit of vinegar, oil and spices and microwave for approx 5 mins. Comes out great. It doesn't get crispy like it would in the oven, but that's fine with me. Sometimes I steam them with just a bit of water.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes