Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Are any of these dentists good?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 11:05 am
I saw these places that accept my kids insurance. Has anyone been to them? Are they good?
- Lakewood Family Dental
- Lakewood Pediatric Dental Associates
- Shore Family Dental

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Oct 18 2023, 11:05 am
amother OP wrote:
I saw these places that accept my kids insurance. Has anyone been to them? Are they good?
- Lakewood Family Dental
- Lakewood Pediatric Dental Associates
- Shore Family Dental

Shore family dental is amazing and great with kids. Really hard to get an appointment

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 9:36 am
Bump

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 9:38 am
amother Apricot wrote:
Shore family dental is amazing and great with kids. Really hard to get an appointment

Not my experience at all. They find 9 cavities on my DS and went for a 2nd opinion and it was only 2!!

oneofakind

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 10:02 am
If they take Jersey care, beware. They don't get paid much so make up or exaggerate problems to do more work and make more money. Ultimately, it's worse for your child.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 11:20 am
oneofakind wrote:
If they take Jersey care, beware. They don't get paid much so make up or exaggerate problems to do more work and make more money. Ultimately, it's worse for your child.

Yikes so what do you suggest?

amother
DarkGreen

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 11:28 am
Use them for cleanings and x-ray and if they say they see cavities, go for a second opinion and get it done by private pay dentist.
I had a root canal done by a medicaid dentist. I didn't have any pain so I don't know if I even needed it. Years later, it got infected and had to be redone, they had missed a root that was hard to find.

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 12:56 pm
amother Apricot wrote:

2 good dentists left..
I had a really bad experience with 2 current dentists. they sent my kid home after numbing him cuz he was anxious...
using them for 10 years and recently left...
look into Smiles on Sycamore- Dr Joselyn and Dr kearns who were at Shore for years and opened their own practice. Amazing experience.
Also, see it Jackson Pediatric takes your insurance. They are supposed to be really good

amother
Maple

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 12:59 pm
amother Maroon wrote:
Not my experience at all. They find 9 cavities on my DS and went for a 2nd opinion and it was only 2!!

They didn’t find any cavities in my daughter. Her previous visit at a pediatric paractice she had a zillion cavities.

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 1:34 pm
amother Sand wrote:
2 good dentists left..
I had a really bad experience with 2 current dentists. they sent my kid home after numbing him cuz he was anxious...
using them for 10 years and recently left...
look into Smiles on Sycamore- Dr Joselyn and Dr kearns who were at Shore for years and opened their own practice. Amazing experience.
Also, see it Jackson Pediatric takes your insurance. They are supposed to be really good

Smiles on sycamore made up that my friends kids had cavities
She went to private pay dentist and they said there’s none there

amother
Sand

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 1:45 pm
amother Topaz wrote:
Smiles on sycamore made up that my friends kids had cavities
She went to private pay dentist and they said there’s none there

ok, I hear that...no dentist is perfect.
I personally am happier since I switched as are the multiple pple I asked info from before switching. I am only using them for a few months but have been happy so far- mostly with their positivity, and gentle approach.
I had 2 kids with zero cavities, 1 with a few and 2 that had beginning decay- they recommended fluoride treatment and take a wait and see approach...

Chayalle

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 1:54 pm
amother DarkGreen wrote:
Use them for cleanings and x-ray and if they say they see cavities, go for a second opinion and get it done by private pay dentist.
I had a root canal done by a medicaid dentist. I didn't have any pain so I don't know if I even needed it. Years later, it got infected and had to be redone, they had missed a root that was hard to find.

I had a similar procedure (apicoectomy) done by a private highly recommended endodontist to whom I paid a fortune, and he also missed a root and I had to have it redone. So this is not uncommon.

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 1:56 pm
If you’re willing to drive to Red Bank we’ve been very happy with Dr. Brett Wohlstetter at Children’s Dental Center of Monmouth.

amother
Narcissus

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 3:13 pm
Does anyone know anything about Dr. Figdor in Lakewood?

amother
IndianRed

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 3:17 pm
Yes beware if you have Medicaid. My friends have countless stories where a dentist found 8 cavities or a root canal and the kid had zero pain. When taken for a second opinion, the kid had ZERO.
NEXT LEVEL CORRUPTION in this town

amother
Mocha

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 3:30 pm
amother Beige wrote:
If you’re willing to drive to Red Bank we’ve been very happy with Dr. Brett Wohlstetter at Children’s Dental Center of Monmouth.

I’m just curious how you found this dentist out in red bank?

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 4:41 pm
amother Mocha wrote:
I’m just curious how you found this dentist out in red bank?

He also works in Lakewood some days but it’s much easier to get appointments in Red Bank. I’m pretty sure he takes Jersey Care (I have private insurance) and we are very happy with the practice. It’s old fashioned but very good with the kids and very pleasant.

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Oct 25 2023, 4:54 pm
amother Narcissus wrote:
Does anyone know anything about Dr. Figdor in Lakewood?

I use the practice very happy so far. Very gentle with my kids and out of 3 kids only found 1 cavity in 1 kid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries