Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Action needed: NYC Council is about to appoint antisemite

Mevater

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 1:50 pm
How did Mayor Adams think he'll ever be forgiven for this?

URGENT ACTION ITEM:

The City Council is about to appoint an antisemite as the new head of The NYC Racial Equity Commission. They are getting a lot of pressure to appoint her.
We must voice our opposition NOW – there is no time here.

Please email Speaker Adrienne Adams and copy, Deputy Speaker Diana Ayala, Majority Whip Selvena Brooks-Powers, Majority Leader Keith Powers and Mayor Adams a version of the below message. This is a joint appointment and in the hands of the City Council right now.
Council Member Powers and Mayor Adams have been very supportive of Israel, the other 3 need to hear from us.

SpeakerAdams@council.nyc.gov
District8@council.nyc.gov
District31@council.nyc.gov
Keith@keithpowers.nyc
pressoffice@cityhall.nyc.gov

We strongly oppose the appointment of Linda Tigani as the new head of the NYC Racial Equity Commission, due to her antisemitic views.
This selection contradicts the principles of fairness and inclusivity that this position demands.

We urge you to reconsider and select a candidate with a proven record of fairness towards all.

Your support for the Jewish people and Israel is very important to us.

Last edited by Mevater on Mon, Oct 30 2023, 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 1:56 pm
And the fact that nyc has an "equity" department is not an issue?

Mevater

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 1:58 pm
“FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA! PALESTINE WILL BE FREE!!” Tigani wrote in a July 1, 2020, post, which also included a clip from the “Day of Rage” rally in Brooklyn, where protesters reportedly chanted “Death to Israel” and “Death to America” in Arabic in response to Israel announcing plans to annex parts of the West Bank.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/28/.....osts/

Twisted Evil

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 3:31 pm
I'm confused. Did they already appoint her as chair? That's what it seems like in the press release from October 26

amother
Tuberose

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 3:34 pm
I emailed them. Thank you.

amother
Cappuccino

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 3:34 pm
Time to mobilize! Enough is more than enough!

Queen Of Hearts

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 3:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
“FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA! PALESTINE WILL BE FREE!!” Tigani wrote in a July 1, 2020, post, which also included a clip from the “Day of Rage” rally in Brooklyn, where protesters reportedly chanted “Death to Israel” and “Death to America” in Arabic in response to Israel announcing plans to annex parts of the West Bank.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/28/.....osts/

Twisted Evil

Oh please, they didn't check her social media history as part of their vetting?
That's the simplest way to vet (public) people these days.
Lame excuse!

Mevater

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 6:57 pm
How did Mayor Adams think he'll ever be forgiven for this?

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 7:41 pm
This was my email. Feel free to cut and paste but please send something!

Dear Councilman Powers and Mayor Adams,

First I would like to thank you for your staunch stance and support of Israel. Your constituents see it, we appreciate it, and we know it takes courage to stand up and do what's right.

It has come to my attention that Linda Tigani is in consideration for the head of the NYC Racial Equity Commission. Due to her antisemitic views and record of antisemitic actions, this is a huge concern for us. The entire point of the Racial Equity Commission is to be equitable to all, and unfortunately Linda's track record has proven that she is not the woman for this job. She lacks the fairness, empathy, and inclusivity of ALL members of society, particularly Jewish people, and for that alone she should be disqualified from the position.

I strongly urge you to reconsider and select a candidate more fit for the position; one with a track record that proves he/she will be fair to ALL of your constituents.

Once again, your support for the Jewish people and for Israel is very much appreciated. We are proud to call Councilman Powers and Mayor Adams true leaders.

seeker

Post Mon, Oct 30 2023, 11:09 pm
amother Rainbow wrote:
This was my email. Feel free to cut and paste but please send something!

Dear Councilman Powers and Mayor Adams,

First I would like to thank you for your staunch stance and support of Israel. Your constituents see it, we appreciate it, and we know it takes courage to stand up and do what's right.

It has come to my attention that Linda Tigani is in consideration for the head of the NYC Racial Equity Commission. Due to her antisemitic views and record of antisemitic actions, this is a huge concern for us. The entire point of the Racial Equity Commission is to be equitable to all, and unfortunately Linda's track record has proven that she is not the woman for this job. She lacks the fairness, empathy, and inclusivity of ALL members of society, particularly Jewish people, and for that alone she should be disqualified from the position.

I strongly urge you to reconsider and select a candidate more fit for the position; one with a track record that proves he/she will be fair to ALL of your constituents.

Once again, your support for the Jewish people and for Israel is very much appreciated. We are proud to call Councilman Powers and Mayor Adams true leaders.

Well stated but I'm pretty sure Powers is a woman, not councilman. You might want to edit before risking ruffled feathers.
She is excellent at her job and those who vote in her district should please continue to support her!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries